Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. survey

Would be nice to have a survey option in the exams. If selected, there would be no "correct" answers required and individual student responses would not be visible. (only show the statistics on the answers). The instructor only sees who has completed the survey. Ideally, you could give some credit for completion alone.

It would need to be labeled as a survey rather than an exam so that students would recognize the difference.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to exclude an individual student's grades from overall/assignment statistics without having to leave score blank

Some students never show up yet they don't withdrawal from class. They, officially, have a zero in their scores and their overall grade. It would be wonderful to eliminate their zero scores from the assignment statistics and, if they do happen to have one score in the class, it would be nice to be able to exclude their super low grade from overall grade statistics. This would allow for a more accurate statistical view of the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Editing Annotations in Grader

After creating an annotation, I am permitted to edit it later by simply clicking on it and typing in the textbox. However, the edit will not be saved unless I click the "pencil" (edit) button in the top left, and then click save.

Could it be that 1) either the annotations can not be edited without first clicking the pencil or 2) edits are immediately saved upon exiting the annotation (and remove the pencil altogether)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. room and hours

I really expect the basic information of the course to be front and center on the home page. namely When and Where do we meet. Has always confused me that this is not on the "Home" or "Dashboard"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course!

Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course! I have a TA working on assignments for three different courses. One of these is in the future, so the "Gradebook" is unusable until there are students enrolled. Seems like an odd limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a way to print out (to a printer or as a pdf) graded assignments showing comments.

I need to provide sample student papers WITH MY COMMENTARY in my hiring portfolio. Please give me a way to print papers from the Grader with my inserted comments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable notifications for when students have read/accessed feedback given on grades.

I spend a lot of time typing comments that accompany scores that I record. It would greatly help if I knew whether or not students had seen that feedback.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Search feature to Question Bank

Please add a keyword search function to the main page of the Question Bank that will search in all folders and subfolders within the Question Bank, and display all of the results showing on a single page (even if the results are in different folders). Something akin to doing a keyword search in Windows using File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please allow me to "turn off" the feature that shows students what grade they are getting in the class.

Please allow me to "turn off" the feature that shows students what grade they are getting in the class. Two reasons. 1. Learning Suite does not calculate my course grades the way I want it to (my system is pretty complex), so the reported grade is always wrong. But I like to use L.S. so that students can see that I've correctly entered their scores. 2. There are too many students who panic because L.S. will tell them they are failing when only a few assignments have been entered (half of their grade comes in the final, so it's not…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If Learning Suite goes down, links users to @byuoit on Twitter so they can get status updates.

If Learning Suite goes down, put a message on the error page that links users to @byuoit on Twitter so they can get status updates. That way, users don't have to call in to see how much longer until Learning Suite is back up.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Assignable late penalty

I would rather allow a student to submit late, with a small point penalty as a disincentive, than to bar them from submitting it. The system would automatically assess a point penalty when an assignment is late. You would need four boxes:
    1. penalty amount
    2. score unit (% or points)
    3. time amount
    4. time unit

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Assign grades to Groups of students

We do a lot of team work besides individual assignments. It would be very useful to assign a score to the entire team at once because there is only one submission per team. This could be according to the Digital Dialog Groups or some other functionality enabled in the grader.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Overall score deceives students by ignoring assignment category weights

The gradebook in Learning Suite can be deceiving, in my experience. It reports an “Overall score” that is a percentage of total points earned without regard to the weight of those points. Consequently, it will paint an inaccurately rosy picture, and students think they are performing better than they really are, leading to potential let-down at the end of the semester. One colleague reports angry students who were caught off-guard by their true final grade, resulting in appeals to chair and dean and unnecessary hassles.

Of course, if a student wants an accurate snapshot of the current course grade, he…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Order of assignments in Gradebook columns needs to be the same as assignment order

Currently the grade book will list everything by due dates first (so different weighted categories appearing inside one another like exam #1 falling in a column between homework assignments). I know that we can select to just view homework or exams, but I would prefer when I go onto gradebook to see everything sorted by subject. So if homework is first on my assignment page, I want to see that appear first, then all the quizzes together, then all the exams together, etc. regardless of due date. Also when three homework assignments are due on the same day, where I…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Copy rubrics within a course

I use the same rubric for different assignments. However, the assignments have different scores so I need to adjust the point values on each rubric. To accomplish this, I've had to create a new rubric for each point level and re-type all the criteria descriptions. Is it possible to allow copying of rubrics so I don't have to re-type everything? I realize that I could use weighted scores, but the way my course is set up that is not the best option.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it simpler to see what needs to be graded.

Put all items to be graded on the instructor and TA dashboard for ease of knowing what remains.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create a view of a student's performance over time

Allow an instructor (and even the student) to view a plot of any particular student's overall grade as a function of time. This would enable us to see if a student performed better in the class at the beginning of the semester, at the end, or fairly constant throughout. Allow it to be compared with a trend line for the highest and the average grade in the class. In addition to providing insight to individual student circumstances, it would also help show if the course is well paced or if some portions of the course might be taught too quickly…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copying Assignments and rubrics

Right now the rubrics are attached to individual instructors which is nice when you're creating assignments with similar rubrics, but if another professor wants to copy an assignment along with the rubric, the rubric is not copied. It would be great to have the rubrics copied with the assignments when copying to other courses.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base