Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HEIC files

Please, please, fix LS to accept HEIC files! There are so many students with iPhones who want to upload homework in this format.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exams > Questions > new questions > open response > response gets credit based on word count

Exams > Questions > new questions > open response. Allow for the option to have open response questions graded automatically based on word count. Currently this question type allows for an instructor to set a word limit, but it would be more helpful if it allowed for one to set a minimum word count for students to receive full credit.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Under exams > summary > print key. Please allow the "Answer Key" to include the feedback added to individual questions.

Under exams > summary > print key. Please allow the "Answer Key" to include the feedback added to individual questions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. multiple due dates on digital dialog

I require my students to post and respond after others have posted, it would be helpful if we could have multiple due dates so they show in the schedule and students don't have to watch and wait for others to post.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Restrict which users can access particular pages

It would be nice if instructors could restrict which users can access particular pages under the Content tab. I am currently teaching two sections of a class remotely, but I've combined them as one in Learning Suite to make class management easier. I post recordings of class so students can watch them later, especially for students in different time zones or who have bad internet connections. However, due to FERPA, I have to restrict students to only seeing the recording of the section for which they are registered. To do this, I post links to the Zoom recording in Digital…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Replace files without having to select the file with duplicate name

When I upload an updated version of a file that's already in Learning Suite, it warns me that there is already a file called that. That's great. It then requires that I select the option to replace that file with the new upload. That's also fine. The problem is that it then requires me to open a window and select the file to replace with the new upload. This seems very unnecessary since the system already knows the name of the file with the same name, and I already clicked the option to replace that file with the upload. I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A way to view path assignments while in the path, as an instructor.

After creating a path you are unable to view the assignments there unless it has been published. I would like to go in and review my path before I publish it so that I can make sure everything is working correctly/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Edit due time independent of due date

I like that it is possible to select all assignments and edit them all at once. But it does not seem possible to edit all of the due times of an assignment independently of the due dates. I'd like to change the due time of all assignments at once without changing any of their due dates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a chat feature

We could use the open chat to hold virtual office hours via a LS chat rather than having to set up a Zoom mtg. More students might be likely to "drop in" like that. Kind of like the "Ask a Librarian" chat feature on the HBLL's website, but we could set the open times.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Section Grouping

I like the new (to me) option of grouping sections together for class management. In my case, different sections correspond to different terms within one semester and, as far as I can tell, it would not be possible to group them since everything occurs on different dates. If LS made due dates and presentations on, for example, the third class session etc. rather than a specific dates, I could use the potentially very useful feature of grouping them for courses taught in different terms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clear view of student uploaded word document assignments

When I look at assignments that students have uploaded it is blurry. I would like to not have to download the document to be able to read it clearly in order to grade it. Students are uploading word documents. The screenshot has a portion of the assignment side by side, the one on the right is Learning Suite, the one on the left is the word document.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Update due date/time for time zone changes

Under "Assignment Details," there is the due date/time. The time updates with a change in time zone, however, the time zone stamp ("MT") DOES NOT change. This means that if an assignment is due at 11:59pm MT, and I'm on the east coast where it is two hours later, the time updates to 1:59am, but it still says "MT". This is incredibly confusing and makes the date/time incorrect. It would be less confusing to not update the time at all because at least the due time would be correct, just in a different time zone.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to right click on a misspelled word and have the correct spelling option(s) appear in the box on the right.

When creating or editing exam questions I right click on a misspelled word the only option that comes up is to "Paste". I would like the ability to right click on a misspelled word and have the correct spelling option(s) appear in the box on the right.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. exams

Force LS to close an exam at deadline, even if a student is in process of taking it. My students often begin an exam before the deadline but keep right on taking it after the closing time has passed. I don't want to fail them for the whole exam, just the portion they didn't complete in time. Could a LS exam close when the designated time is reached?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow tab to move to Save button on exam scoring

It would be nice to be able enter a score, tab to the comments field, tab to the save button, and hit enter to save the score and comments. Then I could tab to the next question....

Right now I have to enter a score, tab to the comments field, move off the keyboard to a mouse, move the cursor to the right place, and press a button. This adds significantly to the time it takes me to grade the exam.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. public view of materials without login

I've tried to migrate from departmental resources (wiki) to LS more than once. Each time, I have much public information (e.g. syllabus, general course content and assignments) that SHOULD be available over the public internet without any login.

There currently is no way to do this in LS - virtually everything is not visible without a login, and is certainly not visible from search-engines.

I don't want to put any student info up - or anything related to the students - just general course content and materials. There are no privacy issues here - why the restrictive view?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Higher resolution favicon for Learning Suite Website

This is a fairly minor suggestion. I suggest recreating the favicon for the Learning Suite website to have a higher resolution. I dragged the Learning Suite web address onto my bookmarks toolbar in my web browsers (both Chrome and Firefox) and the favicon is highly pixelated. It could look much nicer if the resolution were better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Paragraph Breaks in Rubric Descriptions

My rubric is formatted differently than the Learning Suite Rubric—it's more like a points breakdown, so I've set it up a little differently but it's really hard for students to read. This could easily be solved if the descriptions of the "performance levels" could show paragraph breaks from the instructor side in the student side. You can see the discrepancy in the attached files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to have quizzes (exams) give each student a different randomized set of questions from a question bank.

My understanding of the current random question selector is that it randomly selects a set of questions from the bank, but then the quiz has only that set of questions for all students. Allow professors to link a quiz to a question bank, and set it so that each student will get a randomly selected set of questions for their own quiz experience. Even better: If the student wants to retake, the professor also has option to give student new randomized set of questions.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories