Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Internal Linking System

It would be great if Learning Suite had an internal linking system (for example, allowing an announcement to link to content/assignments). Currently, it appears only external URLs can be posted.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Troubleshooting FAQs

It would be very helpful to have a Troubleshooting section under the FAQs page for common issues that occur.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create Content and other pages for multiple courses at one time

I have multiple courses that all use the same content pages. I would like the ability to create a content page outside of a course and then choose which courses to upload that page. Preferably, these content pages could be like the files tab when you select mycourses. It would be a page independent of a course where you could store frequently used files, or in this case, saved content pages.

Some of these content pages are not consistent each semester so rather than create these pages each year for that semester or term, the ability to save these content…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create an Instructor Section for Content

It would be very convenient to be able to store instructor/TA content such as solutions on Learning Suite with other course materials. At present you can make an unpublished page, but then you have to use the 'preview' for links to work.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Columns to content pages

When I add information to a content page, it is usually a link to pdf or excel files. I typically get a long list of short content links. It would be nice to have two columns so that more information could be visible to the student at once.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give us more space to make a suggestion! I tried entering in my comments and found you only take a limited number of characters.

Each time I click to see something, the "Contents" bar takes me back to the top. Let me stay where I am! I have to keep scrolling down to view what I have put in my course. Also, when adding a file to a page, I'm taken back to the highest level for entering the next file. If I'm in a subfolder where my work is stored, let me stay there for entering more files--don't take me up to the top again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Option for online content

Add option for online content including the ability for the content to be viewed in LearningSuite but NOT downloaded, copied, or printed. Some journals and book publishers are concerned that their material can be downloaded by students and then shared or posted on the internet. This feature would allow students to view the content inside LearningSuite but prevent distribution.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Viewing & accessing past courses

When clicking on the link and accessing past courses, have it sort them by the newest course first and oldest course last.

When you are looking at a previous semester's course, most often you are looking at the semester that just finished, not the oldest course you have. And yet that's what pulls up, the oldest course.

This seems like it would be a very easy thing to do, and yet would also be intuitive and useful for all. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to hide a page until a score has been entered on a particular Gradebook assignment

I often have students who are sick turn in homework late. I would like to make the solution key to the homework available only to those students who have submitted the assignment (and therefore have a score entered on gradebook. Right now LS lets you hide/publish a page based on *date*. I would like to hide page X for a student until there is a score for assignment Y.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Content View Statistics

Provide statistics on how many times a given content page has been accessed, per semester if possible. A page with lots of view may contain extremely helpful material, or it may contain material that is difficult for students to understand. A page with few views may be worthless, or the students might not know about it. Whatever the case, view statistics would provide another form of anonymous feedback from student to teacher.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scrubber bar

It would be nice if a "scrubber" bar could be added to posted videos so that students can skip to desired parts or rewatch specific parts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be nice to be able to edit content offline, say as an xml file, and then upload to LS

It would be nice if we could have access to content offline. This would allow us to run scripts to automate the creation of repetitive content, to edit things faster than the editor can keep up with, and to save our own copy of the course.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the "Content" area, it would be nice to have only the main pages showing, with subpages only appearing when you select one main page.

In the "Content" area, it would be nice to have only the main pages showing. The sub-pages are all there for the first main page and it creates confusion. The sub pages should only come up when you select a particular main page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Wrap text around jpg or mov

It would be great to have a button with which to wrap text (similar to wordpress).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Select multiple files to upload at once into Content pages

Joel noticed when uploading content to his Content tab in Learning Suite that he is only able to select one file at a time to upload. Joel would like to have the ability to select multiple files to upload all at once.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. After you have created the content pages, the default should be view instead of edit

Once I am done creating my content pages, I generally return to look at them and see what I have versus coming back to change them. It would be more useful to have "preview" be the default view, and have to click a button to edit the pages.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Default links to external page

It would be nice if Content or some other location had a default external links page similar to Bb

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base