Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile Ready for Gradebook

Learning Suite needs to be mobile ready, ALL OF IT! Having the option to use iPad when entering grades into the gradebook would be helpful. NOT having the option to use learning suite on any device should not be an issue in 2017. Accessing grades, content, syllabus and list of students via any device is needed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New notification for Digital Dialog tab

When I have new messages on Learning Suite there appears a red notification next to the message icon. I would like a similar system for myself and for my students to notify me (and them) that there is a new message or response on digital dialog. I know that there already exists this notification once you open the digital dialog tab but it would be very helpful if there could appear a notification connected to the main tab. It could be red like the message notification.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Internal Linking System

It would be great if Learning Suite had an internal linking system (for example, allowing an announcement to link to content/assignments). Currently, it appears only external URLs can be posted.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Late option for quizzes

Include the option of allowing students to complete a quiz late. Even better, include the option of deducting points or a percentage for each day late.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If Learning Suite goes down, links users to @byuoit on Twitter so they can get status updates.

If Learning Suite goes down, put a message on the error page that links users to @byuoit on Twitter so they can get status updates. That way, users don't have to call in to see how much longer until Learning Suite is back up.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assignable late penalty

I would rather allow a student to submit late, with a small point penalty as a disincentive, than to bar them from submitting it. The system would automatically assess a point penalty when an assignment is late. You would need four boxes:
    1. penalty amount
    2. score unit (% or points)
    3. time amount
    4. time unit

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it easier for me to see the feedback I've programmed into exams

In "Exams," under "Questions," it would be great if the "Expanded" view showed the feedback I'm giving students with each answer. I want to review & edit what I've put in there, and I would like to see it in all one place. Currently, for me to see the feedback that I've entered, I need to "edit" each question individually. Showing all the feedback on the "extended view" would be very helpful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to add photos/pdfs to announcements

Most announcements I want to make come with an image, flyer, pdf that I want to add.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add TAs to the "critical announcement; email everyone" function in announcements so that they receive the email, too

Add TAs to the "critical announcement; email everyone" function in announcements so that they receive the email, too.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add support for right-to-left languages

Our course websites were much more effective when we could include (and ask students to produce) material in the target language on the site.

Learning Suite still provides no support for right-to-left languages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send email notification when a grade is entered

I have students who are constantly looking at the grades section for when i have graded an assignment or a test. I think it would be nice to have a messaging setting where students can receive an email when a grade is entered into learning suite. There should also be an option where the professor can disable this if they feel the need to.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assign grades to Groups of students

We do a lot of team work besides individual assignments. It would be very useful to assign a score to the entire team at once because there is only one submission per team. This could be according to the Digital Dialog Groups or some other functionality enabled in the grader.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Overall score deceives students by ignoring assignment category weights

The gradebook in Learning Suite can be deceiving, in my experience. It reports an “Overall score” that is a percentage of total points earned without regard to the weight of those points. Consequently, it will paint an inaccurately rosy picture, and students think they are performing better than they really are, leading to potential let-down at the end of the semester. One colleague reports angry students who were caught off-guard by their true final grade, resulting in appeals to chair and dean and unnecessary hassles.

Of course, if a student wants an accurate snapshot of the current course grade, he…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add fast grading buttons to the exam grading interface.

Maybe a quick 'full credit' button that you can press instead of scrolling, stopping, typing points, and saving for each question. Half credit and no credit might be nice too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I really wish that I could LOCK the Overall score column so I can always see it while I am scrolling through all the columns.

As I am "massaging" a students various assignment scores, if I could lock the Overall Score column in place, I could watch how any changes affect the overall score.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow comments on rubric

I appreciate the addition of a rubric. Canvas has a nice feature on its rubric where instructors may add comments to each student's individual rubric. The criteria option on the current LS rubric is helpful, but I would prefer to be able to add personal comments.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Order of assignments in Gradebook columns needs to be the same as assignment order

Currently the grade book will list everything by due dates first (so different weighted categories appearing inside one another like exam #1 falling in a column between homework assignments). I know that we can select to just view homework or exams, but I would prefer when I go onto gradebook to see everything sorted by subject. So if homework is first on my assignment page, I want to see that appear first, then all the quizzes together, then all the exams together, etc. regardless of due date. Also when three homework assignments are due on the same day, where I…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copy rubrics within a course

I use the same rubric for different assignments. However, the assignments have different scores so I need to adjust the point values on each rubric. To accomplish this, I've had to create a new rubric for each point level and re-type all the criteria descriptions. Is it possible to allow copying of rubrics so I don't have to re-type everything? I realize that I could use weighted scores, but the way my course is set up that is not the best option.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it simpler to see what needs to be graded.

Put all items to be graded on the instructor and TA dashboard for ease of knowing what remains.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create a view of a student's performance over time

Allow an instructor (and even the student) to view a plot of any particular student's overall grade as a function of time. This would enable us to see if a student performed better in the class at the beginning of the semester, at the end, or fairly constant throughout. Allow it to be compared with a trend line for the highest and the average grade in the class. In addition to providing insight to individual student circumstances, it would also help show if the course is well paced or if some portions of the course might be taught too quickly…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base