Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autosave message drafts

I use group messages to provide feedback on assignments. Twice today I've had to retype extensive messages because Learning Suite (unlike, say, Gmail) doesn't autosave the text input--once due to a logout even after I clicked the "keep working" button. This would be a very helpful feature to add.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not make unpublished quizzes appear on schedule

Currently, if I import an online quiz from a previous semester or make a new online quiz, Learning Suite posts the quiz to the schedule even though the quiz has not been published. If the quiz is being developed, it confuses students to see it on the schedule but not their list of exams. Unpublished quizzes should not be posted to the schedule.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a defined date for late assignment submissions

Example: An assignment has a due date of November 15, but I allow late assignments (with a penalty) for one week following the deadline. I would like to be able to select "Allow late submissions" and then have a choice for how long the late papers can be submitted. In this example I would mark Nov 22 as last day for late work. The system would mark files from Nov 16-22 as late and on the 23rd would not allow any more assignment uploads.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Simplify group creation in Digital Dialog

Easier options for forming groups in Digital Dialog.
    An option for automatic group formation by group size, or number of groups. Group randomly, by alphabet, perhaps even balance genders.
    Also, the groups show the size they had when created, but some lost students through adds/drops. It's difficult to know into which groups to add new students, without going through EVERY group counting manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More options with attendance in grades

Please add a tardy option with attendance.

Also, please add a "note" option with daily attendance. For example, in dance and other participatory classes, students may be present, but 'sitting out' due to an injury. I would like to be able to track that in Learning Suite for both instructor and student benefit.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow TAs to select which email they use.

When TAs send an email to the students in the class through LS, allow them to select their personal email account or the generic TA email address set up by the instructor.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Easily and visually see which items are "published" or not on a schedule

I often forget to publish existing quizzes b/c they're already listed on the instructor's schedule whether they're published or not. Could you highlight or otherwise indicate which items are "published" or "not published" on the schedule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide more focused teaching tips

Provide more focused teaching tips

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Troubleshooting FAQs

It would be very helpful to have a Troubleshooting section under the FAQs page for common issues that occur.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to email by classes, semesters/terms, groups within classes

More ability to choose who we email. I need to email 3 of my four classes the same thing but can only chose to email all students together or by the individual class. Please let us chose what classes to email.

Furthermore, I'd like to email students in upcoming semesters/terms, I'd like that option.

Lastly I'd like to create groups within a single section of a class. the 32 students are divided into groups of 4. I would like to be able to group these students to email them in one go rather than selecting the 4 each time I…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Batch download *by section*

In order to expedite grading for large classes with multiple sections, we would love to see an improved "Batch Download" feature that allows users to download assignments from a specific section or multiple specific sections.
    Currently, all assignments across every section is downloaded by this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Assign different due dates to different groups of students.

When we have group projects, the groups will present on different dates. I would like to either be able to create an assignment not attached to one date, or be able to assign different due dates for the various groups.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. when you log back in, let me go back to exactly what I was doing, not kicked back out to the course list.

When we log back in, let us go back to exactly what we were doing, don't kick us back out to the course list.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a Discussion/QA spot for each assignment/Exam

There are always a large number of questions for large assignments, projects, and exams. It would be great if instead of needing to go back and forth over email, students could post and group questions associated with a given test or assignment that professors could then answer from one spot. That QA spot would become the authority on updated information for assignments and tests and make it so that faculty would (in theory) only have to answer questions once--something that I think that would add great value for faculty and students alike.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create Content and other pages for multiple courses at one time

I have multiple courses that all use the same content pages. I would like the ability to create a content page outside of a course and then choose which courses to upload that page. Preferably, these content pages could be like the files tab when you select mycourses. It would be a page independent of a course where you could store frequently used files, or in this case, saved content pages.

Some of these content pages are not consistent each semester so rather than create these pages each year for that semester or term, the ability to save these content…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Team functionality for students

I really need teams functionality. I know that is on the drawing board. I use team-based-learning and the the digital delivery of team work is awkward when I can't group students into teams. This should include a team PEER ASSESSMENT (team maintenance) tool either in the team section or in the exam section.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Place where you could sign up for times to see professor

Ability to compare available times, or sign up for a particular time to meet with the instructor or TA. Schedule online chat (if LearningSuite had online chats).

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable multiple lecture periods on same day to facilitate transferring courses from F/W to Spring, etc.

When transferring a course from a regular Fall/Winter semester to a Spring/Summer term, two days need to be combined into one section. Going in the opposite direction, one day needs to be divided into two sections. If we could simply have two lectures on a given day (which is actually the way we teach classes in the Spring), the required changes would be considerably simplified.

In other words, on the first day of class in the Fall (e.g., Monday) I
    teach Lecture 1. On the next class day (e.g., Wednesday) I teach Lecture 2. In the Spring I teach Lecture…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)