Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change name (and vision) of "Exams"

I use "Exams" for assignments that the students submit. They aren't exams, so it is confusing for students for them to be labeled as such. It would be nice if the Exams feature was more open-ended. Yes, it could still be a place for exams. But it could also be a place for assignments (graded and not graded, please).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let's call the Exams page Quizzes. Either let us rename the tab to what we want, or call the page Quizzes.

I would love the main tab for Exams to be called Quizzes, not Exams. In reality, exams are typically given at the testing center and quizzes are done online through learning suite in the 'exams' section. Maybe some instructors use the quiz mechanism to give an exam, but I don't know any that do - and most of us just use it for quizzes. Is there any possibility you would consider changing the default name of the tab/page to be Quizzes? Alternatively, could be given control of the tab name to rename it Quizzes ourselves (in which case the default…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Rubrics: show the total points while creating the rubric

I create separate rubrics for each assignment, so I have quite a few rubrics.

It would be nice to have a "total" (or I supposed "total max") points at the bottom of the rubric creation modal. Yes, I can do math, but it's quicker and easier if a running total is displayed, and that should be an easy fix.

A running total would make it easier to divvy up points so that I make sure an assignment hits a certain number of points.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to have quizzes (exams) give each student a different randomized set of questions from a question bank.

My understanding of the current random question selector is that it randomly selects a set of questions from the bank, but then the quiz has only that set of questions for all students. Allow professors to link a quiz to a question bank, and set it so that each student will get a randomly selected set of questions for their own quiz experience. Even better: If the student wants to retake, the professor also has option to give student new randomized set of questions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the ability to hide open dates of exams

I have 17 reading quizzes. While they do have due dates, I don't care when the students start them, so I open them all on the first day of class.

On the schedule and dashboard, this bloats the first day of class with a long list of opening exams.

I would like to have the option of hiding opening dates, if desired.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multiple Choice and Multiple Response Exam Questions Should be Graphically Distinct

Currently, Multiple Choice and Multiple Response questions types appear to be virtually identical. This OFTEN causes a problem where I think I've created a multiple response question, but I've mistakenly made a multiple choice question. To make matters worse, once the question has been created, I can't change the type.

The best solution would be to make these types graphically distinct. For example, Multiple Choice questions should have circles for the A, B, C, choices, whereas the Multiple Response questions should have squares - as is the typical graphical conventions for radio buttons vs. check box. This would also make…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Section averages

I have a large class with many (18) sections. I want to see the average final grade for each section. When I filter by section, it still shows the average for the entire class rather than the average for the section. I would like to be able to see the average for each section when I filter by section.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a way to print out (to a printer or as a pdf) graded assignments showing comments.

I need to provide sample student papers WITH MY COMMENTARY in my hiring portfolio. Please give me a way to print papers from the Grader with my inserted comments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Search feature to Question Bank

Please add a keyword search function to the main page of the Question Bank that will search in all folders and subfolders within the Question Bank, and display all of the results showing on a single page (even if the results are in different folders). Something akin to doing a keyword search in Windows using File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please allow me to "turn off" the feature that shows students what grade they are getting in the class.

Please allow me to "turn off" the feature that shows students what grade they are getting in the class. Two reasons. 1. Learning Suite does not calculate my course grades the way I want it to (my system is pretty complex), so the reported grade is always wrong. But I like to use L.S. so that students can see that I've correctly entered their scores. 2. There are too many students who panic because L.S. will tell them they are failing when only a few assignments have been entered (half of their grade comes in the final, so it's not…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it easier to find files you've uploaded in previous classes

In the current configuration, instructors have two options for uploading files into folders under the content tab. One option is to upload the file from the instructors PC, the other is to MANUALLY scroll through a list of files that have already been uploaded at some prior time. The problem with the latter option is that in many cases, instructors have hundreds of files they've uploaded on different occasions. I the instructors tries to upload a one of the files from his/her PC, there is an error message that says you must scroll through the enormous list of files you've…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mobile Ready for Gradebook

Learning Suite needs to be mobile ready, ALL OF IT! Having the option to use iPad when entering grades into the gradebook would be helpful. NOT having the option to use learning suite on any device should not be an issue in 2017. Accessing grades, content, syllabus and list of students via any device is needed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New notification for Digital Dialog tab

When I have new messages on Learning Suite there appears a red notification next to the message icon. I would like a similar system for myself and for my students to notify me (and them) that there is a new message or response on digital dialog. I know that there already exists this notification once you open the digital dialog tab but it would be very helpful if there could appear a notification connected to the main tab. It could be red like the message notification.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Internal Linking System

It would be great if Learning Suite had an internal linking system (for example, allowing an announcement to link to content/assignments). Currently, it appears only external URLs can be posted.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Late option for quizzes

Include the option of allowing students to complete a quiz late. Even better, include the option of deducting points or a percentage for each day late.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If Learning Suite goes down, links users to @byuoit on Twitter so they can get status updates.

If Learning Suite goes down, put a message on the error page that links users to @byuoit on Twitter so they can get status updates. That way, users don't have to call in to see how much longer until Learning Suite is back up.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Assignable late penalty

I would rather allow a student to submit late, with a small point penalty as a disincentive, than to bar them from submitting it. The system would automatically assess a point penalty when an assignment is late. You would need four boxes:
    1. penalty amount
    2. score unit (% or points)
    3. time amount
    4. time unit

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to add photos/pdfs to announcements

Most announcements I want to make come with an image, flyer, pdf that I want to add.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add support for right-to-left languages

Our course websites were much more effective when we could include (and ask students to produce) material in the target language on the site.

Learning Suite still provides no support for right-to-left languages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories