Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to exclude an individual student's grades from overall/assignment statistics without having to leave score blank

Some students never show up yet they don't withdrawal from class. They, officially, have a zero in their scores and their overall grade. It would be wonderful to eliminate their zero scores from the assignment statistics and, if they do happen to have one score in the class, it would be nice to be able to exclude their super low grade from overall grade statistics. This would allow for a more accurate statistical view of the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Editing Annotations in Grader

After creating an annotation, I am permitted to edit it later by simply clicking on it and typing in the textbox. However, the edit will not be saved unless I click the "pencil" (edit) button in the top left, and then click save.

Could it be that 1) either the annotations can not be edited without first clicking the pencil or 2) edits are immediately saved upon exiting the annotation (and remove the pencil altogether)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. room and hours

I really expect the basic information of the course to be front and center on the home page. namely When and Where do we meet. Has always confused me that this is not on the "Home" or "Dashboard"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course!

Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course! I have a TA working on assignments for three different courses. One of these is in the future, so the "Gradebook" is unusable until there are students enrolled. Seems like an odd limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable notifications for when students have read/accessed feedback given on grades.

I spend a lot of time typing comments that accompany scores that I record. It would greatly help if I knew whether or not students had seen that feedback.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If Learning Suite goes down, links users to @byuoit on Twitter so they can get status updates.

If Learning Suite goes down, put a message on the error page that links users to @byuoit on Twitter so they can get status updates. That way, users don't have to call in to see how much longer until Learning Suite is back up.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copying Assignments and rubrics

Right now the rubrics are attached to individual instructors which is nice when you're creating assignments with similar rubrics, but if another professor wants to copy an assignment along with the rubric, the rubric is not copied. It would be great to have the rubrics copied with the assignments when copying to other courses.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More options with attendance in grades

Please add a tardy option with attendance.

Also, please add a "note" option with daily attendance. For example, in dance and other participatory classes, students may be present, but 'sitting out' due to an injury. I would like to be able to track that in Learning Suite for both instructor and student benefit.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow TAs to select which email they use.

When TAs send an email to the students in the class through LS, allow them to select their personal email account or the generic TA email address set up by the instructor.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Easily and visually see which items are "published" or not on a schedule

I often forget to publish existing quizzes b/c they're already listed on the instructor's schedule whether they're published or not. Could you highlight or otherwise indicate which items are "published" or "not published" on the schedule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a Discussion/QA spot for each assignment/Exam

There are always a large number of questions for large assignments, projects, and exams. It would be great if instead of needing to go back and forth over email, students could post and group questions associated with a given test or assignment that professors could then answer from one spot. That QA spot would become the authority on updated information for assignments and tests and make it so that faculty would (in theory) only have to answer questions once--something that I think that would add great value for faculty and students alike.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Default box size for open response questions

Currently the default open response box size is 1 which is probably the size least likely to be used by anyone. I think a default of 10 would be more appropriate or even better give users the option of selecting their own default size for all their open ended questions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would love to have a testing option that will conclude the test if students exit out of it.

I would like to be able to have my students take a written test on their computer without the distraction/implications for cheating of other online materials. So perhaps having an option that would have the test submit once the student exits out of it or goes to another webpage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Columns to content pages

When I add information to a content page, it is usually a link to pdf or excel files. I typically get a long list of short content links. It would be nice to have two columns so that more information could be visible to the student at once.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show Class Session Number on Schedule

It would be very helpful to have an optional column next to the date in the schedule that simply lists class period 1, class 2, class 3...

This would help me organize things as I copy a class from semester to semester. Sometimes it's easier to think in terms of Day 17, rather than whatever date it is.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. On "Instructor View" make it easy to identify the assignments that are still hidden from the students (i.e. label it as (hidden)).

I have kept certain assignments hidden from students in some cases because I have to edit them or for other reasons. As of now, to know if an assignment is hidden one has to check the "Scheduling" tab in the Assignment window or one has to switch to "Student View" and compare it with the "Instructor View." It would be nice to be able to easily identify if assignments are hidden from students without having to check the "Student View." I suggest a simple paraphrase after the assignment that labels it (hidden).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. On exams, it would be great if students could go back and see what their answer was.

Many of my students would like to be able to go back to their exams and see their own responses. I don't see that this is currently an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Viewing & accessing past courses

When clicking on the link and accessing past courses, have it sort them by the newest course first and oldest course last.

When you are looking at a previous semester's course, most often you are looking at the semester that just finished, not the oldest course you have. And yet that's what pulls up, the oldest course.

This seems like it would be a very easy thing to do, and yet would also be intuitive and useful for all. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use of default decimals of 2 in grades

Grades currently defaults to zero decimal places, meaning you can't type in a score with a half point. Most don't know the default can be adjusted (some use scores of 100 to not need half points). It becomes problematic when you delete a quiz question after a quiz has ended and re-score. If a student received a 6/9 and it's scaled to a 10, they'll receive a grade of 6 (LearningSuite rounds ALL decimals down!). They should receive a 6.67.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base