Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clear view of student uploaded word document assignments

When I look at assignments that students have uploaded it is blurry. I would like to not have to download the document to be able to read it clearly in order to grade it. Students are uploading word documents. The screenshot has a portion of the assignment side by side, the one on the right is Learning Suite, the one on the left is the word document.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to right click on a misspelled word and have the correct spelling option(s) appear in the box on the right.

When creating or editing exam questions I right click on a misspelled word the only option that comes up is to "Paste". I would like the ability to right click on a misspelled word and have the correct spelling option(s) appear in the box on the right.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. exams

Force LS to close an exam at deadline, even if a student is in process of taking it. My students often begin an exam before the deadline but keep right on taking it after the closing time has passed. I don't want to fail them for the whole exam, just the portion they didn't complete in time. Could a LS exam close when the designated time is reached?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow tab to move to Save button on exam scoring

It would be nice to be able enter a score, tab to the comments field, tab to the save button, and hit enter to save the score and comments. Then I could tab to the next question....

Right now I have to enter a score, tab to the comments field, move off the keyboard to a mouse, move the cursor to the right place, and press a button. This adds significantly to the time it takes me to grade the exam.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update due date/time for time zone changes

Under "Assignment Details," there is the due date/time. The time updates with a change in time zone, however, the time zone stamp ("MT") DOES NOT change. This means that if an assignment is due at 11:59pm MT, and I'm on the east coast where it is two hours later, the time updates to 1:59am, but it still says "MT". This is incredibly confusing and makes the date/time incorrect. It would be less confusing to not update the time at all because at least the due time would be correct, just in a different time zone.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. public view of materials without login

I've tried to migrate from departmental resources (wiki) to LS more than once. Each time, I have much public information (e.g. syllabus, general course content and assignments) that SHOULD be available over the public internet without any login.

There currently is no way to do this in LS - virtually everything is not visible without a login, and is certainly not visible from search-engines.

I don't want to put any student info up - or anything related to the students - just general course content and materials. There are no privacy issues here - why the restrictive view?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Higher resolution favicon for Learning Suite Website

This is a fairly minor suggestion. I suggest recreating the favicon for the Learning Suite website to have a higher resolution. I dragged the Learning Suite web address onto my bookmarks toolbar in my web browsers (both Chrome and Firefox) and the favicon is highly pixelated. It could look much nicer if the resolution were better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Paragraph Breaks in Rubric Descriptions

My rubric is formatted differently than the Learning Suite Rubric—it's more like a points breakdown, so I've set it up a little differently but it's really hard for students to read. This could easily be solved if the descriptions of the "performance levels" could show paragraph breaks from the instructor side in the student side. You can see the discrepancy in the attached files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve PDF resolution

The resolution for PDF files in the grader is really poor. This is especially noticeable when zooming in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Link directly to a feedback page within Learning Suite

Link directly to a feedback page within Learning Suite so it is easy to find a way to give suggestions to the development team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Weighted Grades Visible

Most students look at "overall score" in order to see what their grade is. But if the professor uses weighted grades then the overall score is very misleading, and at the end of the semester there is no end of questions about why someone gets one grade when they have a different score. It most often is very disappointing and disheartening to students, and could be so easily fixed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Separate assignments tab

When I need to make a change to my assignments on LS, I hate having to first click on the "grades" tab, wait for that to load, and then having to click on "assignments" from the left menu. It would be great if the assignments had their own tab or--better still--if all of the left bar menu options were visible when I hovered the grades tab so that I could go directly to the page I needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Submit Larger Files

In most cases, the upload limit BYU Learning Suite makes perfect sense, but I have one assignment that is, by nature, a larger file. There is no way for the students to downsize the file and for us to still have all the information we need while grading. It's not a video so we can't have them link to a different service either. It's incredibly confusing for the students to have to submit just one assignment in a completely different way. I'm wondering if there could be a way for instructors to request that certain assignments be giving a higher…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Grading for Learning Suite exams with both computer and teacher graded responses.

I have only seen this happen this semester. I don't know what has changed.
    I have an exam on Learning Suite that has both a computer graded section (76% of the grade) and a teacher graded section (24% of the grade). When the students took the exam they saw their grades for the computer graded section. But after the exam closed (unless I had already graded the free responses) their grades went, for example from 74 to zero. Students were VERY concerned about this and the emails started coming in: why have I got a zero when the computer told…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change name (and vision) of "Exams"

I use "Exams" for assignments that the students submit. They aren't exams, so it is confusing for students for them to be labeled as such. It would be nice if the Exams feature was more open-ended. Yes, it could still be a place for exams. But it could also be a place for assignments (graded and not graded, please).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let's call the Exams page Quizzes. Either let us rename the tab to what we want, or call the page Quizzes.

I would love the main tab for Exams to be called Quizzes, not Exams. In reality, exams are typically given at the testing center and quizzes are done online through learning suite in the 'exams' section. Maybe some instructors use the quiz mechanism to give an exam, but I don't know any that do - and most of us just use it for quizzes. Is there any possibility you would consider changing the default name of the tab/page to be Quizzes? Alternatively, could be given control of the tab name to rename it Quizzes ourselves (in which case the default…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Print Exams to Editable Format

Learning Suite has introduced the question bank feature which is really useful for learning suite exams. It would be amazing to be able to use this feature to create exams that could then be printed and taken in class or in the testing center. Currently you can "print an exam", but it's not easy to edit information on the exam pages that may be needed for a testing center exam.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Digital Dialog Groups default to hiding dialogs and only showing groups

On the group page of digital dialog, it is difficult to fix groups (change group names, add or subtract students, or even scroll to the bottom to see if all the students are in groups) when the default on the page is to show all the groups AND all the dialogs. Better would be to default to the groups with dialogs hidden. (See screen shot below for what would be better. To catch this shot took me 5 minutes of scrolling and clicking)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. If the rubric max total does not match the assignment points, alert, and allow the assignment points to be updated.

When I create an assignment, it is given a default value of 25 points. If I add a rubric before I save the assignment, the assignment points are updated to the max rubric points.

If I save the assignment, then add the rubric later, the points will not update. This is sometimes a problem if I modify a rubric or assignment.

When an assignment is saved, can you check that the rubric and assignment points match and alert the user if they don't? Also give the option to set the assignment points to the rubric total.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories