Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change name (and vision) of "Exams"

I use "Exams" for assignments that the students submit. They aren't exams, so it is confusing for students for them to be labeled as such. It would be nice if the Exams feature was more open-ended. Yes, it could still be a place for exams. But it could also be a place for assignments (graded and not graded, please).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let's call the Exams page Quizzes. Either let us rename the tab to what we want, or call the page Quizzes.

I would love the main tab for Exams to be called Quizzes, not Exams. In reality, exams are typically given at the testing center and quizzes are done online through learning suite in the 'exams' section. Maybe some instructors use the quiz mechanism to give an exam, but I don't know any that do - and most of us just use it for quizzes. Is there any possibility you would consider changing the default name of the tab/page to be Quizzes? Alternatively, could be given control of the tab name to rename it Quizzes ourselves (in which case the default…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Print Exams to Editable Format

Learning Suite has introduced the question bank feature which is really useful for learning suite exams. It would be amazing to be able to use this feature to create exams that could then be printed and taken in class or in the testing center. Currently you can "print an exam", but it's not easy to edit information on the exam pages that may be needed for a testing center exam.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Digital Dialog Groups default to hiding dialogs and only showing groups

On the group page of digital dialog, it is difficult to fix groups (change group names, add or subtract students, or even scroll to the bottom to see if all the students are in groups) when the default on the page is to show all the groups AND all the dialogs. Better would be to default to the groups with dialogs hidden. (See screen shot below for what would be better. To catch this shot took me 5 minutes of scrolling and clicking)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If the rubric max total does not match the assignment points, alert, and allow the assignment points to be updated.

When I create an assignment, it is given a default value of 25 points. If I add a rubric before I save the assignment, the assignment points are updated to the max rubric points.

If I save the assignment, then add the rubric later, the points will not update. This is sometimes a problem if I modify a rubric or assignment.

When an assignment is saved, can you check that the rubric and assignment points match and alert the user if they don't? Also give the option to set the assignment points to the rubric total.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rubrics: show the total points while creating the rubric

I create separate rubrics for each assignment, so I have quite a few rubrics.

It would be nice to have a "total" (or I supposed "total max") points at the bottom of the rubric creation modal. Yes, I can do math, but it's quicker and easier if a running total is displayed, and that should be an easy fix.

A running total would make it easier to divvy up points so that I make sure an assignment hits a certain number of points.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to have quizzes (exams) give each student a different randomized set of questions from a question bank.

My understanding of the current random question selector is that it randomly selects a set of questions from the bank, but then the quiz has only that set of questions for all students. Allow professors to link a quiz to a question bank, and set it so that each student will get a randomly selected set of questions for their own quiz experience. Even better: If the student wants to retake, the professor also has option to give student new randomized set of questions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to hide open dates of exams

I have 17 reading quizzes. While they do have due dates, I don't care when the students start them, so I open them all on the first day of class.

On the schedule and dashboard, this bloats the first day of class with a long list of opening exams.

I would like to have the option of hiding opening dates, if desired.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multiple Choice and Multiple Response Exam Questions Should be Graphically Distinct

Currently, Multiple Choice and Multiple Response questions types appear to be virtually identical. This OFTEN causes a problem where I think I've created a multiple response question, but I've mistakenly made a multiple choice question. To make matters worse, once the question has been created, I can't change the type.

The best solution would be to make these types graphically distinct. For example, Multiple Choice questions should have circles for the A, B, C, choices, whereas the Multiple Response questions should have squares - as is the typical graphical conventions for radio buttons vs. check box. This would also make…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Link College Mission/Vision/Values and Program Outcomes to LS syllabus.

Link College Mission/Vision/Values and Program Outcomes to Learning Suite Syllabus. Currently, learning outcomes are linked but mission/vision/values and program outcomes are not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Section averages

I have a large class with many (18) sections. I want to see the average final grade for each section. When I filter by section, it still shows the average for the entire class rather than the average for the section. I would like to be able to see the average for each section when I filter by section.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to exclude an individual student's grades from overall/assignment statistics without having to leave score blank

Some students never show up yet they don't withdrawal from class. They, officially, have a zero in their scores and their overall grade. It would be wonderful to eliminate their zero scores from the assignment statistics and, if they do happen to have one score in the class, it would be nice to be able to exclude their super low grade from overall grade statistics. This would allow for a more accurate statistical view of the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Editing Annotations in Grader

After creating an annotation, I am permitted to edit it later by simply clicking on it and typing in the textbox. However, the edit will not be saved unless I click the "pencil" (edit) button in the top left, and then click save.

Could it be that 1) either the annotations can not be edited without first clicking the pencil or 2) edits are immediately saved upon exiting the annotation (and remove the pencil altogether)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. room and hours

I really expect the basic information of the course to be front and center on the home page. namely When and Where do we meet. Has always confused me that this is not on the "Home" or "Dashboard"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course!

Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course! I have a TA working on assignments for three different courses. One of these is in the future, so the "Gradebook" is unusable until there are students enrolled. Seems like an odd limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide a way to print out (to a printer or as a pdf) graded assignments showing comments.

I need to provide sample student papers WITH MY COMMENTARY in my hiring portfolio. Please give me a way to print papers from the Grader with my inserted comments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable notifications for when students have read/accessed feedback given on grades.

I spend a lot of time typing comments that accompany scores that I record. It would greatly help if I knew whether or not students had seen that feedback.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Search feature to Question Bank

Please add a keyword search function to the main page of the Question Bank that will search in all folders and subfolders within the Question Bank, and display all of the results showing on a single page (even if the results are in different folders). Something akin to doing a keyword search in Windows using File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. survey

Would be nice to have a survey option in the exams. If selected, there would be no "correct" answers required and individual student responses would not be visible. (only show the statistics on the answers). The instructor only sees who has completed the survey. Ideally, you could give some credit for completion alone.

It would need to be labeled as a survey rather than an exam so that students would recognize the difference.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories