Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Section averages

I have a large class with many (18) sections. I want to see the average final grade for each section. When I filter by section, it still shows the average for the entire class rather than the average for the section. I would like to be able to see the average for each section when I filter by section.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to exclude an individual student's grades from overall/assignment statistics without having to leave score blank

Some students never show up yet they don't withdrawal from class. They, officially, have a zero in their scores and their overall grade. It would be wonderful to eliminate their zero scores from the assignment statistics and, if they do happen to have one score in the class, it would be nice to be able to exclude their super low grade from overall grade statistics. This would allow for a more accurate statistical view of the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Editing Annotations in Grader

After creating an annotation, I am permitted to edit it later by simply clicking on it and typing in the textbox. However, the edit will not be saved unless I click the "pencil" (edit) button in the top left, and then click save.

Could it be that 1) either the annotations can not be edited without first clicking the pencil or 2) edits are immediately saved upon exiting the annotation (and remove the pencil altogether)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. room and hours

I really expect the basic information of the course to be front and center on the home page. namely When and Where do we meet. Has always confused me that this is not on the "Home" or "Dashboard"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course!

Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course! I have a TA working on assignments for three different courses. One of these is in the future, so the "Gradebook" is unusable until there are students enrolled. Seems like an odd limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a way to print out (to a printer or as a pdf) graded assignments showing comments.

I need to provide sample student papers WITH MY COMMENTARY in my hiring portfolio. Please give me a way to print papers from the Grader with my inserted comments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable notifications for when students have read/accessed feedback given on grades.

I spend a lot of time typing comments that accompany scores that I record. It would greatly help if I knew whether or not students had seen that feedback.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Search feature to Question Bank

Please add a keyword search function to the main page of the Question Bank that will search in all folders and subfolders within the Question Bank, and display all of the results showing on a single page (even if the results are in different folders). Something akin to doing a keyword search in Windows using File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. survey

Would be nice to have a survey option in the exams. If selected, there would be no "correct" answers required and individual student responses would not be visible. (only show the statistics on the answers). The instructor only sees who has completed the survey. Ideally, you could give some credit for completion alone.

It would need to be labeled as a survey rather than an exam so that students would recognize the difference.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Easily and visually see which items are "published" or not on a schedule

I often forget to publish existing quizzes b/c they're already listed on the instructor's schedule whether they're published or not. Could you highlight or otherwise indicate which items are "published" or "not published" on the schedule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More options with attendance in grades

Please add a tardy option with attendance.

Also, please add a "note" option with daily attendance. For example, in dance and other participatory classes, students may be present, but 'sitting out' due to an injury. I would like to be able to track that in Learning Suite for both instructor and student benefit.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide more focused teaching tips

Provide more focused teaching tips

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Troubleshooting FAQs

It would be very helpful to have a Troubleshooting section under the FAQs page for common issues that occur.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Batch download *by section*

In order to expedite grading for large classes with multiple sections, we would love to see an improved "Batch Download" feature that allows users to download assignments from a specific section or multiple specific sections.
    Currently, all assignments across every section is downloaded by this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create Content and other pages for multiple courses at one time

I have multiple courses that all use the same content pages. I would like the ability to create a content page outside of a course and then choose which courses to upload that page. Preferably, these content pages could be like the files tab when you select mycourses. It would be a page independent of a course where you could store frequently used files, or in this case, saved content pages.

Some of these content pages are not consistent each semester so rather than create these pages each year for that semester or term, the ability to save these content…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to email by classes, semesters/terms, groups within classes

More ability to choose who we email. I need to email 3 of my four classes the same thing but can only chose to email all students together or by the individual class. Please let us chose what classes to email.

Furthermore, I'd like to email students in upcoming semesters/terms, I'd like that option.

Lastly I'd like to create groups within a single section of a class. the 32 students are divided into groups of 4. I would like to be able to group these students to email them in one go rather than selecting the 4 each time I…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable multiple lecture periods on same day to facilitate transferring courses from F/W to Spring, etc.

When transferring a course from a regular Fall/Winter semester to a Spring/Summer term, two days need to be combined into one section. Going in the opposite direction, one day needs to be divided into two sections. If we could simply have two lectures on a given day (which is actually the way we teach classes in the Spring), the required changes would be considerably simplified.

In other words, on the first day of class in the Fall (e.g., Monday) I
    teach Lecture 1. On the next class day (e.g., Wednesday) I teach Lecture 2. In the Spring I teach Lecture…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base