Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide more focused teaching tips

Provide more focused teaching tips

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Troubleshooting FAQs

It would be very helpful to have a Troubleshooting section under the FAQs page for common issues that occur.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Batch download *by section*

In order to expedite grading for large classes with multiple sections, we would love to see an improved "Batch Download" feature that allows users to download assignments from a specific section or multiple specific sections.
    Currently, all assignments across every section is downloaded by this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create Content and other pages for multiple courses at one time

I have multiple courses that all use the same content pages. I would like the ability to create a content page outside of a course and then choose which courses to upload that page. Preferably, these content pages could be like the files tab when you select mycourses. It would be a page independent of a course where you could store frequently used files, or in this case, saved content pages.

Some of these content pages are not consistent each semester so rather than create these pages each year for that semester or term, the ability to save these content…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to email by classes, semesters/terms, groups within classes

More ability to choose who we email. I need to email 3 of my four classes the same thing but can only chose to email all students together or by the individual class. Please let us chose what classes to email.

Furthermore, I'd like to email students in upcoming semesters/terms, I'd like that option.

Lastly I'd like to create groups within a single section of a class. the 32 students are divided into groups of 4. I would like to be able to group these students to email them in one go rather than selecting the 4 each time I…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable multiple lecture periods on same day to facilitate transferring courses from F/W to Spring, etc.

When transferring a course from a regular Fall/Winter semester to a Spring/Summer term, two days need to be combined into one section. Going in the opposite direction, one day needs to be divided into two sections. If we could simply have two lectures on a given day (which is actually the way we teach classes in the Spring), the required changes would be considerably simplified.

In other words, on the first day of class in the Fall (e.g., Monday) I
    teach Lecture 1. On the next class day (e.g., Wednesday) I teach Lecture 2. In the Spring I teach Lecture…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove the "compare yourself to other students in class" function.

I recently learned, to my horror, that LS has a default setting to let students see their score in comparison to other students (as opposed to tracking their own performance). That's bad enough (a comparison culture is unhealthy), but then LS also tells them things like "you're the best in class" or "you're the worst in class - better luck next time." I cannot say how badly this has gone for students (once they let me know it was happening!). I can turn it off, but I have to remember to do that each semester. Please, either remove it, or…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I'd like to be able to download and upload Excel spreadsheets into the Schedule

Make it easier to interface between Schedule in Learning Suite and Excel spreadsheets.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Eliminate scroll ability in the score box.

Eliminate scroll ability in the score box associated with the annotation screen. Many times have I inputted a grade after I've left feedback and, because of the scroll feature (the ability to use the up and down arrows to increase or decrease the score number), I have mistakenly changed the grade that I had already inputted. I can't think of why the scroll feature is needed with the score box in the first place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow students to modify fonts in open responses on exams

When writing an exam question I can use different fonts and modify those fonts (bold, italics, underline, etc) but students cannot do the same in their responses. It would be helpful to me if they could use those fonts in their responses.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Default box size for open response questions

Currently the default open response box size is 1 which is probably the size least likely to be used by anyone. I think a default of 10 would be more appropriate or even better give users the option of selecting their own default size for all their open ended questions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate piazza as an alternative to digital dialog

I really like the idea of digital dialog, but found it too limiting. I’ve used Piazza for the last few years in all my classes and it’s been well received and effective for helping students get help with homework questions and projects. I don’t recall all the differences but offhand it allows for notifications, anonymous comments, editing comments, student generated threads, and a mobile app. It would be great if Piazza was directly integrated as an alternative to digital dialog. Would require LTI support first, which I see is already in progress.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make it easier to find files you've uploaded in previous classes

In the current configuration, instructors have two options for uploading files into folders under the content tab. One option is to upload the file from the instructors PC, the other is to MANUALLY scroll through a list of files that have already been uploaded at some prior time. The problem with the latter option is that in many cases, instructors have hundreds of files they've uploaded on different occasions. I the instructors tries to upload a one of the files from his/her PC, there is an error message that says you must scroll through the enormous list of files you've…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please allow me to "turn off" the feature that shows students what grade they are getting in the class.

Please allow me to "turn off" the feature that shows students what grade they are getting in the class. Two reasons. 1. Learning Suite does not calculate my course grades the way I want it to (my system is pretty complex), so the reported grade is always wrong. But I like to use L.S. so that students can see that I've correctly entered their scores. 2. There are too many students who panic because L.S. will tell them they are failing when only a few assignments have been entered (half of their grade comes in the final, so it's not…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to download a version of the student's uploaded assignment that includes the notes I've added.

For instructors who need to submit (for faculty review or employment renewal) samples of student work WITH instructor's comments, I'd like the ability to download and save copies of my students' papers (that have been uploaded through Learning Suite) that INCLUDE my added notes (feedback). The feedback/notes disappear when I "download," so that all I see is the student's text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show confirmation dialog before exam submission

When you reach the last question on an exam, the "Finish and Submit" button looks a lot like the "Continue" button, and is in the same location. If you're going quickly, it's easy to click "Finish and Submit" thinking you are just going to the next question. This is a problem if you wanted to go back and review previous questions. A confirmation dialog would allow you to go back if you clicked "Finish and Submit" by mistake.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to Integrate Student and Instructor views in one view

The two current view options are Student and Instructor views. It would be wonderful for instructors if there was a third view: Instructor/Student view. This view would look like the current Instructor view but would also indicate where the two views are not the same. The most beneficial use of this new view would to be able to see if the students can view their grades, assignment pages, content pages (this already exists in the form of italicized titles (it would be nice if they were in red as well)), Digitial dialog, exams, scheduling, announcements, etc. or not. I use…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Place some visual indicator on grade columns that are hidden from student view

Current Situation: In the Gradebook, I can go to a grade column-->click the down arrow-->click on Edit Assignment-->select Scheduling (tab at top)-->and then fill in the Hide an Assignment box for a date in the future. Once that date is populated, I have no way of knowing that the grade column is hidden for my students, unless I open up the Edit Assignment dialogue box again. This is especially problematic for courses that get copied from one semester to another; those "hide until dates" appear to copy to the next semester (and increment the year to the next year so…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. PDF view

The built-in document viewer for grading assignments seems to handle the .pdf extension, but when it's saved as ".PDF", it doesn't seem to display properly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base