Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show notifications in drop-down menus

When I read comments posted in Digital Dialog that are sorted by individuals, I see one student's comment at a time. Rather than having to back out of Digital Dialog, go back to the discussions list, find notifications for new responses and repeat the process over and over, the following would be much more convenient:
    When I open a student's comment, there is a drop-down menu above with all of the students' names. Can there be some kind of notification dot or highlight on that list next to their name so I know which students have new comments? It would…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When the schedule is viewed on a phone in student view, the content can get cut off if it's long and the phone is in portrait position.

Can you make it so that this doesn't happen?

When the schedule is viewed on a phone in student view, the content can get cut off if it's long and the phone is in portrait position.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic assignment deadline update emails Also sync with assignment interface needs to be easier

Every time something is uploaded there should be an option to link it to an assignment. Professors never update this properly and students have to search for assignments. It would be inspirational to link it to syllabus goals as well. Also if a deadline for assignments sent out auto email notification option button. Finally just like your mail shows you have unsent emails learning suite should have some sort of message to show you have unpublished changes, that way teachers don't forget to hit the publish button! Maybe even an automatic reminder next time they log in could help teachers…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mobile Ready for Gradebook

Learning Suite needs to be mobile ready, ALL OF IT! Having the option to use iPad when entering grades into the gradebook would be helpful. NOT having the option to use learning suite on any device should not be an issue in 2017. Accessing grades, content, syllabus and list of students via any device is needed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. expand the answer boxes for fill in the blank questions

In LS exams, allow the fill in the blank answer boxes to be larger (like for open response)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate Turnitin Grademark into LS

Turnitin's Grademark system is VASTLY superior to the built-in Learning Suite grading interface. It's far more functional, adaptable, user friendly, and works on iPad. I know that you've already added a button to automatically transfer the Grademark scores - it only works occasionally and, even when it does, sometimes transfers the wrong scores, but that's a different discussion. The main problem is that students have a hard time finding the Grademark feedback. I recommend replacing the unusable LS grader altogether with Grademark and setting it up so students can access the feedback with a single click.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. assignment grading focus

When on the online assignment grading screen, on screen load please focus the cursor on the "score" box. It is an inconvenience to have to click on that box for every student.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create an Instructor Section for Content

It would be very convenient to be able to store instructor/TA content such as solutions on Learning Suite with other course materials. At present you can make an unpublished page, but then you have to use the 'preview' for links to work.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be helpful to be able to export the Discussions in Digital Dialog

It would be helpful to be able to export the Discussions in Digital Dialog so I can manage them later in MS Word. Or even PDF would be fine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Managing multiple sections

It would be helpful if instructors could group all available sections together when posting the content, but could then allow TAs the option of customizing their own sections after that. Otherwise, I'm required to separately post all 14 sections using the copy content function. This would be fine except that the copy content function apparently changes the schedule for each section based on each section's meeting time. So if customization isn't an option, can there be an override of the system's schedule adjustments when copying content? Something like, "Maintain scheduled dates when copying content?" or something?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Internal Linking System

It would be great if Learning Suite had an internal linking system (for example, allowing an announcement to link to content/assignments). Currently, it appears only external URLs can be posted.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disable notifications for specific chain emails

You should be able to mute notifications on specific email threads. This way, students can silence uninteresting email threads, so that when they get a notification they can have higher confidence that it will be relevant to them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New notification for Digital Dialog tab

When I have new messages on Learning Suite there appears a red notification next to the message icon. I would like a similar system for myself and for my students to notify me (and them) that there is a new message or response on digital dialog. I know that there already exists this notification once you open the digital dialog tab but it would be very helpful if there could appear a notification connected to the main tab. It could be red like the message notification.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need to convert hidden columns to not hidden on "Schedule"

I need to convert hidden columns to visible columns. Once hidden columns are set up (I guess I did it by accident while importing), there's no way to get them to be visible by students.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to adjust vertical spacing in text.

Ability to adjust vertical spacing in text. For example, tables that are copied into the syllabus have a double spaced vertical height per row making them twice as tall as they need to be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Late option for quizzes

Include the option of allowing students to complete a quiz late. Even better, include the option of deducting points or a percentage for each day late.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would love to have a testing option that will conclude the test if students exit out of it.

I would like to be able to have my students take a written test on their computer without the distraction/implications for cheating of other online materials. So perhaps having an option that would have the test submit once the student exits out of it or goes to another webpage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. allow instructors to customize dashboard

Right now, the dashboard contains announcements and the schedule. This is not that useful to me. I am posting material in a content page that I feel needs to be on the front page of the course. Sometimes the content that I want on the front page will change at different points in the semester. It would be nice for professors to have more complete control over the front page on learning suite. Students sometimes have a hard time finding information because it is hidden from the front page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Columns to content pages

When I add information to a content page, it is usually a link to pdf or excel files. I typically get a long list of short content links. It would be nice to have two columns so that more information could be visible to the student at once.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. zeros

When a student doesn't turn in an assignment, the TA naturally leaves it blank rather than entering a zero (he/she just enters the scores for the assignments that were submitted). I know I can set the final grades to automatically zero unscored items, but I also want to drop the two lowest homework scores. Currently, Learning Suite recognizes a zero as one of the two lowest scores, but doesn't consider dropping empty scores, and therefore might drop an assignment where a student scored 4/10 over another which the student never submitted (and will eventually be counted as 0/10). Currently, of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base