Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give instructors the ability to open an exam for someone to take a second time, either in an exception, or otherwise.

Curently there is no way for instructors to let a student take an exam again if there is a reason to do so. LS could program an exception option, or some other way of re-opening the exam for a student so they can take it again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to customize calendar items and print

Students should be able to choose which classes, and which calendar items from those classes (i.e. exams, reading assignments, quizzes, etc.) to include on their centralized calendar. Then be able to print the calendar in week, or month views.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add TAs to the "critical announcement; email everyone" function in announcements so that they receive the email, too

Add TAs to the "critical announcement; email everyone" function in announcements so that they receive the email, too.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to add photos/pdfs to announcements

Most announcements I want to make come with an image, flyer, pdf that I want to add.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Y-Messages from previous semesters shouldn't continue as notifications

The only way to get rid of the message notification is to click on the message and read it. There are classes where students will babble about nothing important and the professor will never use this method for important things. If you want to get rid of them, you have to go through all previous semesters and click to view each individual message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Embed a librarian feature

The library is looking for a rather unique option. We partner with the writing program and would like to be able to create a customizable tab with several simple homework assignments that the students could complete through learning suite. We need these assignments to be secure so the teacher could grade them, but also we would like to collect the data from such assignments for our own library instruction program assessment. That means there would be a few parties that would need to be able to access the information: the writing 150 teacher, the library instructor assigned to that section,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a column in each gradebook category for the category average. Include each student's average and the class average.

Add a column in each gradebook category for the category average. Include each student's average and the class average.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add support for right-to-left languages

Our course websites were much more effective when we could include (and ask students to produce) material in the target language on the site.

Learning Suite still provides no support for right-to-left languages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adjust columns on Gradebook

The columns should be adjustable in Gradebook. If there are too many, than it only shows the first part of the name, which is problematic when they start with similar names.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Features for a student portfolio

Though I realize there is something called an "e-portfolio" on the roadmap, I wonder what features it will contain. We would love to have a tool for our majors to do two things. 1) allow for a repository of course and capstone projects and papers and 2) track, over the entire program, assessment data including grades in each course, results on language proficiency exams given periodically to all of the majors in the program (this is a foreign language department), and other measures that help us track their overall language development during the entire course of the major. What features…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Negative Grading Calculations

We need to be able to use negative scores in learning suite to accurately evaluate the progress and understanding of our students.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow deletion of pre-populated information on schedule

Right now, deleted exam prep days (for example) seem to reappear when I delete them. Since I'm teaching at the London Centre, Provo dates don't apply... I'd like to be able to make holidays disappear, too. I realize that I'd be doing this at my own peril.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow dual professors tablet access to LS

I team-teach a class with another professor. We can both access LS on our computers, but I can't access it on my tablet because he's listed as the first instructor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Overall score deceives students by ignoring assignment category weights

The gradebook in Learning Suite can be deceiving, in my experience. It reports an “Overall score” that is a percentage of total points earned without regard to the weight of those points. Consequently, it will paint an inaccurately rosy picture, and students think they are performing better than they really are, leading to potential let-down at the end of the semester. One colleague reports angry students who were caught off-guard by their true final grade, resulting in appeals to chair and dean and unnecessary hassles.

Of course, if a student wants an accurate snapshot of the current course grade, he…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add fast grading buttons to the exam grading interface.

Maybe a quick 'full credit' button that you can press instead of scrolling, stopping, typing points, and saving for each question. Half credit and no credit might be nice too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give us more space to make a suggestion! I tried entering in my comments and found you only take a limited number of characters.

Each time I click to see something, the "Contents" bar takes me back to the top. Let me stay where I am! I have to keep scrolling down to view what I have put in my course. Also, when adding a file to a page, I'm taken back to the highest level for entering the next file. If I'm in a subfolder where my work is stored, let me stay there for entering more files--don't take me up to the top again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Exams

When you are creating an exam and you are given the option to "scale the exam score to ___ points", I think that when you enter points in the blank, that should automatically select that option.

As it is, even if you enter points in the blank, unless you manually select that option, the default option ("autocalculate from question values") remains selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Assign grades to Groups of students

We do a lot of team work besides individual assignments. It would be very useful to assign a score to the entire team at once because there is only one submission per team. This could be according to the Digital Dialog Groups or some other functionality enabled in the grader.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base