Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to customize calendar items and print

Students should be able to choose which classes, and which calendar items from those classes (i.e. exams, reading assignments, quizzes, etc.) to include on their centralized calendar. Then be able to print the calendar in week, or month views.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have keyboard shortcuts for navigation

Have keyboard shortcuts to quickly navigate through posts and threads (I.e. Like the way you can move from message to message, and from conversation to conversation in Outlook (up and down arrows), being able to collapse and expand conversations with the right and left arrows).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create assignments from a spreadsheet or csv

In the courses I work with (as a graduate student instructor) I often need to create assignments for every day of the semester, but with different titles, point values, and descriptions. However, there is a pattern to the items that I can easily produce in a program like excel (for instance the description contains a hyperlink that is based on the assignment title).
    I would like to be able to upload a spreadsheet with my assignments and have learning suite create assignments based on the information. Specifically, I would like the ability to enter an assignment title, due date, description…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adjust columns on Gradebook

The columns should be adjustable in Gradebook. If there are too many, than it only shows the first part of the name, which is problematic when they start with similar names.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow bold print and underline in messages

Bold print and underline fonts in messages would allow emphasis of important words I want my students to make sure they've noticed/read.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a way to re-order the announcements

I sometimes post an announcement that I want students to see right away; i.e., I want that announcement at the top of the stack. Concurrently, I may have other, separate announcements to post (or in the following day or two). I would like a way to re-order the posted announcements (similar to how you can rearrange the assignments in that section) so that I can keep the short-term, priority message at the top of the stack.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please allow me to "turn off" the feature that shows students what grade they are getting in the class.

Please allow me to "turn off" the feature that shows students what grade they are getting in the class. Two reasons. 1. Learning Suite does not calculate my course grades the way I want it to (my system is pretty complex), so the reported grade is always wrong. But I like to use L.S. so that students can see that I've correctly entered their scores. 2. There are too many students who panic because L.S. will tell them they are failing when only a few assignments have been entered (half of their grade comes in the final, so it's not…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Don't collapse titles of assignments in column headings

In the "Scores" screen, the column headings (which correspond to individual assignments) are collapsed so that only the first 8 characters show, making it extremely difficult to know which assignment corresponds to which column. If the assignment titles must be collapsed, I'd suggesting making the entire title visible when the user clicks on the little arrow in the column heading. This has been a major frustration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put a "Leave Conversation" option on the messaging system.

I am in a few big lecture classes and also TA for a few big lecture classes, and when students start chatting with each other I end up with 50-60 new messages every time I open Learning Suite, none of which are relevant to me. It clogs up things and makes it hard to find what a professor or TA actually posted. Please make an option to leave the conversation so that I can get out of irrelevant information filling up all my space. Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Redmine (Ticketed)  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow comments on rubric

I appreciate the addition of a rubric. Canvas has a nice feature on its rubric where instructors may add comments to each student's individual rubric. The criteria option on the current LS rubric is helpful, but I would prefer to be able to add personal comments.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mobile Ready for Gradebook

Learning Suite needs to be mobile ready, ALL OF IT! Having the option to use iPad when entering grades into the gradebook would be helpful. NOT having the option to use learning suite on any device should not be an issue in 2017. Accessing grades, content, syllabus and list of students via any device is needed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I really wish that I could LOCK the Overall score column so I can always see it while I am scrolling through all the columns.

As I am "massaging" a students various assignment scores, if I could lock the Overall Score column in place, I could watch how any changes affect the overall score.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability for students to upload files in exams

Some exams would be enhanced by the ability of students to attach files of graphs they have created or other similar things.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow the instructor to designate/limit TA access to LS

I have a TA I would like to have limited access to LS, for the purposes of syllabus refinement, etc. I would like to be able to limit/prevent access to the gradebook.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable email notification for Digital Discussions in classes which use it

A few classes I know of use "Digital Discussions" as a kind of forum for discussing the class. It would be nice if I could receive notifications via e-mail when others post, either in general or in only threads which I have commented.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Select multiple files to upload at once into Content pages

Joel noticed when uploading content to his Content tab in Learning Suite that he is only able to select one file at a time to upload. Joel would like to have the ability to select multiple files to upload all at once.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base