Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Equation editing

I need equation editing, but I typically use MathType (an enhanced version of equation editor) instead of LaTex or some other markup language. Some ability to interface with that would be nice. I'm not sure yet on how well it cuts and pastes in from Word.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Take an exam for practice

There should be capabilities to have practice exams. They should be optionally gradable, have no cut-off dates, and be available from the start of the course.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable notifications for when students have read/accessed feedback given on grades.

I spend a lot of time typing comments that accompany scores that I record. It would greatly help if I knew whether or not students had seen that feedback.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Simplify group creation in Digital Dialog

Easier options for forming groups in Digital Dialog.
    An option for automatic group formation by group size, or number of groups. Group randomly, by alphabet, perhaps even balance genders.
    Also, the groups show the size they had when created, but some lost students through adds/drops. It's difficult to know into which groups to add new students, without going through EVERY group counting manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Permanent record" capacity for each student.

For example, if they take an exam that is required by multiple classes, their grade is available to each class. If they take IRB training, it is archived. Etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be nice to be able to edit content offline, say as an xml file, and then upload to LS

It would be nice if we could have access to content offline. This would allow us to run scripts to automate the creation of repetitive content, to edit things faster than the editor can keep up with, and to save our own copy of the course.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Non-automatic questions in exams (homework)

In many cases, especially when exams are being used as worksheets, there are questions that don't have a predetermined right answer, even multiple choice or true/false. For example, 1. Pick an example... 2. Which category is this example? A B C D. It would be nice if the exam builder did not force us to pick a correct answer and assign points to it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow a sort of the Originality Check report

The Originality Check is awesome, but if I do grading there, I can't sort students by name, etc --- it just occurs in the order of submission. Alternatively, if the report were accessible when entering grades under "Scores", I could do the sorting there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an attribute to each page in Learning Suite that allows an instructor to explicitly mark a page as world-readable (including syllabus).

I and many of my colleagues are finding that placing our course content in the Learning Suite silo is overly constraining. We would like to share more of our resources with each other and with the world. Some of the course content is private and for students only, but much of it is not. It has been recently problematic that we cannot look at one another’s courses. With these issues in mind, I would like to submit the following feature requests:
    1. add an attribute to each page in Learning Suite that allows an instructor to explicitly mark a page…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix backtracking

When I post links for my students to look at under content and they go to those sites and want to go back to the page they were on in learning suite, it takes them back instead to the parent page. This is big hassle. They (and I) have to go through lots of extra steps in order to look at things I've posted links for on LS.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HTML code on pages reformating is insulting

When I enter html code, switch to visual, and then back again, it re-formats my code. This may seem like a great feature . . . but really, if someone is technical to edit their html code, doesn't that imply that they have some idea what they are doing, and would like things to stay the way they entered them?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add attachments to messages from gradebook

Provide a way to add attachments to emails sent from Gradebook - even if only 1 MB in size

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Entering exact times for tests causes confusion.

When I create an exam, I have to post a time for it (especially since the times will appear in "Schedule"). This requires that I find out when the Testing Center administers the exams. This presents problems: does the test end when the Testing Center closes, or when they quit handing out exams? Do I have to keep track of the Testing Center hours, in case they change sometime during the term?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base