Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Permanent record" capacity for each student.

For example, if they take an exam that is required by multiple classes, their grade is available to each class. If they take IRB training, it is archived. Etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be nice to be able to edit content offline, say as an xml file, and then upload to LS

It would be nice if we could have access to content offline. This would allow us to run scripts to automate the creation of repetitive content, to edit things faster than the editor can keep up with, and to save our own copy of the course.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate piazza as an alternative to digital dialog

I really like the idea of digital dialog, but found it too limiting. I’ve used Piazza for the last few years in all my classes and it’s been well received and effective for helping students get help with homework questions and projects. I don’t recall all the differences but offhand it allows for notifications, anonymous comments, editing comments, student generated threads, and a mobile app. It would be great if Piazza was directly integrated as an alternative to digital dialog. Would require LTI support first, which I see is already in progress.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Non-automatic questions in exams (homework)

In many cases, especially when exams are being used as worksheets, there are questions that don't have a predetermined right answer, even multiple choice or true/false. For example, 1. Pick an example... 2. Which category is this example? A B C D. It would be nice if the exam builder did not force us to pick a correct answer and assign points to it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create Content and other pages for multiple courses at one time

I have multiple courses that all use the same content pages. I would like the ability to create a content page outside of a course and then choose which courses to upload that page. Preferably, these content pages could be like the files tab when you select mycourses. It would be a page independent of a course where you could store frequently used files, or in this case, saved content pages.

Some of these content pages are not consistent each semester so rather than create these pages each year for that semester or term, the ability to save these content…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add attachments to messages from gradebook

Provide a way to add attachments to emails sent from Gradebook - even if only 1 MB in size

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show notifications in drop-down menus

When I read comments posted in Digital Dialog that are sorted by individuals, I see one student's comment at a time. Rather than having to back out of Digital Dialog, go back to the discussions list, find notifications for new responses and repeat the process over and over, the following would be much more convenient:
    When I open a student's comment, there is a drop-down menu above with all of the students' names. Can there be some kind of notification dot or highlight on that list next to their name so I know which students have new comments? It would…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Entering exact times for tests causes confusion.

When I create an exam, I have to post a time for it (especially since the times will appear in "Schedule"). This requires that I find out when the Testing Center administers the exams. This presents problems: does the test end when the Testing Center closes, or when they quit handing out exams? Do I have to keep track of the Testing Center hours, in case they change sometime during the term?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show "breadcrumbs" when in sub-folders

When I'm in a subfolder in files, there is not indication what sub-folder I'm in. It would be very helpful if the subfolder was displayed somewhere on the page. It would be even more helpful if a "breadcrumb" display was available where I could click on something in the file path to go to any location in the subfolder hierarchy.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Put '+add new assignment' button on the schedule editing page

I had a professor using announcements and schedule in such a way that most of the students had a hard time following it. You should make a button on the "edit schedule" page to add assignments, maybe ones that appear as you scroll over dates or a dropdown box that allows you to choose in one click wether to make a lecture subject, an assignment, etc. That way students don't have to always be guessing, or shifting through all the details on the scheduling page. Of course, this is not a problem for teachers who are used to Learning suite.…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Default links to external page

It would be nice if Content or some other location had a default external links page similar to Bb

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Be able to exclude an individual student's grades from overall/assignment statistics without having to leave score blank

Some students never show up yet they don't withdrawal from class. They, officially, have a zero in their scores and their overall grade. It would be wonderful to eliminate their zero scores from the assignment statistics and, if they do happen to have one score in the class, it would be nice to be able to exclude their super low grade from overall grade statistics. This would allow for a more accurate statistical view of the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In messages' sent folder, the message receiver's name needs to show up on the list instead of the sender's name.

In messages' sent folder, the message receiver's name needs to show up on the list instead of the sender's name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Link College Mission/Vision/Values and Program Outcomes to LS syllabus.

Link College Mission/Vision/Values and Program Outcomes to Learning Suite Syllabus. Currently, learning outcomes are linked but mission/vision/values and program outcomes are not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Easily and visually see which items are "published" or not on a schedule

I often forget to publish existing quizzes b/c they're already listed on the instructor's schedule whether they're published or not. Could you highlight or otherwise indicate which items are "published" or "not published" on the schedule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base