Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Managing multiple sections

It would be helpful if instructors could group all available sections together when posting the content, but could then allow TAs the option of customizing their own sections after that. Otherwise, I'm required to separately post all 14 sections using the copy content function. This would be fine except that the copy content function apparently changes the schedule for each section based on each section's meeting time. So if customization isn't an option, can there be an override of the system's schedule adjustments when copying content? Something like, "Maintain scheduled dates when copying content?" or something?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable assignments in which students can post their own grade.

I would like students to be able to report their own grade on assignments like readings (without having to upload an attachment).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select whether grades are released to students after they have been entered

Sometimes you want to wait until grades are entered for the entire class or all the assignments until you release them for students to view. Or maybe you want to return an assignment before releasing grades.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Under "content," when using "insert file," please allow us to replace an existing file

I do something in my class that I suppose is very common: I post my PowerPoint slides under a "content" page. That process is basically fine, but here is the problem: if I make a change in a file and I need to upload the new version to LearningSuite, "insert file" will not simply replace the old version. Instead, it throws an error: "File (filename) already exists." To work around this, I have to go out of my course, go to "my courses" to the file management area, find the correct file (Be careful not to delete the wrong file!),…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Speed up inbox load time

Learning Suite seems to load all messages at once when I click on the inbox icon, but I'm usually only concerned with clearing the new message indicator by viewing my most recently received messages. I'd rather it load messages individually, on-demand, than all at once.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy rubrics within a course

I use the same rubric for different assignments. However, the assignments have different scores so I need to adjust the point values on each rubric. To accomplish this, I've had to create a new rubric for each point level and re-type all the criteria descriptions. Is it possible to allow copying of rubrics so I don't have to re-type everything? I realize that I could use weighted scores, but the way my course is set up that is not the best option.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow for progressively deducting percentages for late assignments

I'm using the Learning Modules feature to link to assignments in Moodle. The feature works great in exporting students' grades on the assignments back to BYU Grades, but we really need the option of progressively deducting percentages for each day an assignment is late, like Pearson's My Language Lab and other learning management systems have. Learning Suite apparently only offers two options: either not accepting late assignments at all, or giving them full credit. What I'd like is an option to progressively deduct 5% for each day an assignment is late. Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scrubber bar

It would be nice if a "scrubber" bar could be added to posted videos so that students can skip to desired parts or rewatch specific parts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Late option for quizzes

Include the option of allowing students to complete a quiz late. Even better, include the option of deducting points or a percentage for each day late.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow for languages that type right to left

I must admit that this appears to be a huge step backwards for us. We should not have to be in the business of HTML programming in order to enter Arabic into the text boxes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Batch download *by section*

In order to expedite grading for large classes with multiple sections, we would love to see an improved "Batch Download" feature that allows users to download assignments from a specific section or multiple specific sections.
    Currently, all assignments across every section is downloaded by this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MathML or Latex in the announcements too, not just on the schedule/exams/etc.

The math (latex, mathml) works pretty well for the most part on the schedule. But I can't use it announcements. So if I try and post an announcement, following up on a math-heavy discussion, to send to the whole class, I'm hamstrung with plain text, no LaTEX allowed. Wouldn't it be pretty easy to extend math into the announcements

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add support for right-to-left languages

Our course websites were much more effective when we could include (and ask students to produce) material in the target language on the site.

Learning Suite still provides no support for right-to-left languages.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. At the end of the exam, it has ONE button, "Finished & Submit". Can that be separated to TWO, "Finished" and "Submit".

Two buttons as "Finished" and "Submit" at the end of the exam. The last page of the exam does not save if you did not click "Finished & Submit" at the very end. If you go back and review your answers although you completed the exam, when the time is over, you missed the last page because you did not press "Finished and Submit". There needs to be TWO button, "Finished" and another for "Submit".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it easier for me to see the feedback I've programmed into exams

In "Exams," under "Questions," it would be great if the "Expanded" view showed the feedback I'm giving students with each answer. I want to review & edit what I've put in there, and I would like to see it in all one place. Currently, for me to see the feedback that I've entered, I need to "edit" each question individually. Showing all the feedback on the "extended view" would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow individual students multiple attempts on an exam

To my knowledge, in order to enable a student to attempt an exam after a previous submission, we have to allow the whole class to attempt the exam again (Exam options > Submissions > "Allow students to take this exam more than once")

In the event of a student experiencing some special circumstance that I deem worthy of deserving an additional attempt, I would like to be able to enable the affected student, not the entire class, to attempt the exam once more (or some other limited number of times).

A hypothetical example of what I'm asking for:
    My student…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Option for online content

Add option for online content including the ability for the content to be viewed in LearningSuite but NOT downloaded, copied, or printed. Some journals and book publishers are concerned that their material can be downloaded by students and then shared or posted on the internet. This feature would allow students to view the content inside LearningSuite but prevent distribution.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base