Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show "breadcrumbs" when in sub-folders

When I'm in a subfolder in files, there is not indication what sub-folder I'm in. It would be very helpful if the subfolder was displayed somewhere on the page. It would be even more helpful if a "breadcrumb" display was available where I could click on something in the file path to go to any location in the subfolder hierarchy.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More options with attendance in grades

Please add a tardy option with attendance.

Also, please add a "note" option with daily attendance. For example, in dance and other participatory classes, students may be present, but 'sitting out' due to an injury. I would like to be able to track that in Learning Suite for both instructor and student benefit.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Facilitate generic web code into Learning Suite

One thing that I think would really help us be more willing to migrate more fully to Learning Suite and get in step with the rest of campus would be to facilitate generic web code, etc., into learning suite. If I could simply insert codes to call up one of my css files, run JavaScript and java web start in Learning Suite pages, have my Learning Suite pages parsed by PHP, etc., it could potentially be very simple for me to merge my course ware with Learning Suite. And I would have the confidence that, if Learning Suite disappeared one…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Content View Statistics

Provide statistics on how many times a given content page has been accessed, per semester if possible. A page with lots of view may contain extremely helpful material, or it may contain material that is difficult for students to understand. A page with few views may be worthless, or the students might not know about it. Whatever the case, view statistics would provide another form of anonymous feedback from student to teacher.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Push textbook data from the Learning Suite to the Bookstore

When building my syllabus, the textbook and packet functionality should be built in. Rather than pulling textbook data from the bookstore, the textbook data should be pushed to the bookstore from Learning Suite. This will let me specify a reading in the schedule and that would automatically place it in an order that goes to the packet center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Default links to external page

It would be nice if Content or some other location had a default external links page similar to Bb

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to exclude an individual student's grades from overall/assignment statistics without having to leave score blank

Some students never show up yet they don't withdrawal from class. They, officially, have a zero in their scores and their overall grade. It would be wonderful to eliminate their zero scores from the assignment statistics and, if they do happen to have one score in the class, it would be nice to be able to exclude their super low grade from overall grade statistics. This would allow for a more accurate statistical view of the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In messages' sent folder, the message receiver's name needs to show up on the list instead of the sender's name.

In messages' sent folder, the message receiver's name needs to show up on the list instead of the sender's name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Easily and visually see which items are "published" or not on a schedule

I often forget to publish existing quizzes b/c they're already listed on the instructor's schedule whether they're published or not. Could you highlight or otherwise indicate which items are "published" or "not published" on the schedule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Default box size for open response questions

Currently the default open response box size is 1 which is probably the size least likely to be used by anyone. I think a default of 10 would be more appropriate or even better give users the option of selecting their own default size for all their open ended questions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clicking on a student's score should take you to the student's exam

Professor Cherrington would like to see a hyperlink changed under the scores tab in Learning Suite. When he clicks on someones score a second menu comes up which gives some information about the exam and there is a hyper link at the top of the page that links you to the exam description. He would like to see that changed so that when he clicks on that link it takes him to the students exam so that he can review there exams.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The % weights should reflect dropped scores if all assignment weights are equal.

If total points are being used and a group has dropped weights, the % weight for the group is incorrect. The logic is that assignments within a group may have different weights, so learning suite doesn't know which assignments to drop yet, so it can't calculate the scores. However, if a professor is dropping scores, they will almost always be dropping scores that are equal in points. So, learning suite merely needs to ask 1 question: are all assignments of the same number of points? If they are, then you can properly represent the weights of each group or category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would really like the capability to paste from a text file.

I would really like the capability to paste from a text file. For example, a student will sometimes send me the link to an interesting news. Currently, I have to re-type the entire message and cannot paste into text (to remove formatting) and then paste in LS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow discipline specfic file types to be viewed with the Grader

Only certain file types are viewable with the Grader. Even though the file maybe "Plain Text", it can not be viewed unless it has a specific file type extension. There should be an easy way to add discipline specific extensions to the list of files that will work with the viewer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shade box where my mouse is hovering.

When I mouse over one of those empty boxes in the grid it would be great if the box I mouse over could be shaded. This would better indicate where my mouse is in the grid and also give me the feeling that I should be able to do something within that box

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Viewing & accessing past courses

When clicking on the link and accessing past courses, have it sort them by the newest course first and oldest course last.

When you are looking at a previous semester's course, most often you are looking at the semester that just finished, not the oldest course you have. And yet that's what pulls up, the oldest course.

This seems like it would be a very easy thing to do, and yet would also be intuitive and useful for all. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Send emails based on an if/then situation.

For example, when a student enrolls in a course, a preexisting email is sent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Designate default library based on the location of the class.

The library hours in Syllabus Builder defaulted to the the Lee Library for courses that were taught at the SLC. This may in fact also be a problem for the Hunter Law Library and the library of the London Center. They wondered whether it would be useful for a class to identify a default library based on where the class is taught and then present those hours in the syllabus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base