Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clicking on a student's score should take you to the student's exam

Professor Cherrington would like to see a hyperlink changed under the scores tab in Learning Suite. When he clicks on someones score a second menu comes up which gives some information about the exam and there is a hyper link at the top of the page that links you to the exam description. He would like to see that changed so that when he clicks on that link it takes him to the students exam so that he can review there exams.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The % weights should reflect dropped scores if all assignment weights are equal.

If total points are being used and a group has dropped weights, the % weight for the group is incorrect. The logic is that assignments within a group may have different weights, so learning suite doesn't know which assignments to drop yet, so it can't calculate the scores. However, if a professor is dropping scores, they will almost always be dropping scores that are equal in points. So, learning suite merely needs to ask 1 question: are all assignments of the same number of points? If they are, then you can properly represent the weights of each group or category.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would really like the capability to paste from a text file.

I would really like the capability to paste from a text file. For example, a student will sometimes send me the link to an interesting news. Currently, I have to re-type the entire message and cannot paste into text (to remove formatting) and then paste in LS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow discipline specfic file types to be viewed with the Grader

Only certain file types are viewable with the Grader. Even though the file maybe "Plain Text", it can not be viewed unless it has a specific file type extension. There should be an easy way to add discipline specific extensions to the list of files that will work with the viewer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shade box where my mouse is hovering.

When I mouse over one of those empty boxes in the grid it would be great if the box I mouse over could be shaded. This would better indicate where my mouse is in the grid and also give me the feeling that I should be able to do something within that box

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Viewing & accessing past courses

When clicking on the link and accessing past courses, have it sort them by the newest course first and oldest course last.

When you are looking at a previous semester's course, most often you are looking at the semester that just finished, not the oldest course you have. And yet that's what pulls up, the oldest course.

This seems like it would be a very easy thing to do, and yet would also be intuitive and useful for all. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Send emails based on an if/then situation.

For example, when a student enrolls in a course, a preexisting email is sent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Designate default library based on the location of the class.

The library hours in Syllabus Builder defaulted to the the Lee Library for courses that were taught at the SLC. This may in fact also be a problem for the Hunter Law Library and the library of the London Center. They wondered whether it would be useful for a class to identify a default library based on where the class is taught and then present those hours in the syllabus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Editing Annotations in Grader

After creating an annotation, I am permitted to edit it later by simply clicking on it and typing in the textbox. However, the edit will not be saved unless I click the "pencil" (edit) button in the top left, and then click save.

Could it be that 1) either the annotations can not be edited without first clicking the pencil or 2) edits are immediately saved upon exiting the annotation (and remove the pencil altogether)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would love to have a testing option that will conclude the test if students exit out of it.

I would like to be able to have my students take a written test on their computer without the distraction/implications for cheating of other online materials. So perhaps having an option that would have the test submit once the student exits out of it or goes to another webpage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the LaTeX plugin work properly

The current LaTeX plugin is poorly implemented. It does not properly render correct LaTeX code in many simple formulas. It incorrectly interprets extra spaces in LaTeX code. The LaTeX text editor does not (but should) allow hard returns line returns to make LaTeX code in complicated formulas easier to read. In its current form, it is nearly useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Eliminate scroll ability in the score box.

Eliminate scroll ability in the score box associated with the annotation screen. Many times have I inputted a grade after I've left feedback and, because of the scroll feature (the ability to use the up and down arrows to increase or decrease the score number), I have mistakenly changed the grade that I had already inputted. I can't think of why the scroll feature is needed with the score box in the first place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Assignments-show points rather than percents when printing syllabus

When Assignment descriptions are printed through "distribute" in the syllabus tab, they should be able to choose to print points not percent if they would like.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base