Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Late option for quizzes

Include the option of allowing students to complete a quiz late. Even better, include the option of deducting points or a percentage for each day late.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Batch download *by section*

In order to expedite grading for large classes with multiple sections, we would love to see an improved "Batch Download" feature that allows users to download assignments from a specific section or multiple specific sections.
    Currently, all assignments across every section is downloaded by this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MathML or Latex in the announcements too, not just on the schedule/exams/etc.

The math (latex, mathml) works pretty well for the most part on the schedule. But I can't use it announcements. So if I try and post an announcement, following up on a math-heavy discussion, to send to the whole class, I'm hamstrung with plain text, no LaTEX allowed. Wouldn't it be pretty easy to extend math into the announcements

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it easier for me to see the feedback I've programmed into exams

In "Exams," under "Questions," it would be great if the "Expanded" view showed the feedback I'm giving students with each answer. I want to review & edit what I've put in there, and I would like to see it in all one place. Currently, for me to see the feedback that I've entered, I need to "edit" each question individually. Showing all the feedback on the "extended view" would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Option for online content

Add option for online content including the ability for the content to be viewed in LearningSuite but NOT downloaded, copied, or printed. Some journals and book publishers are concerned that their material can be downloaded by students and then shared or posted on the internet. This feature would allow students to view the content inside LearningSuite but prevent distribution.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable notifications for specific chain emails

You should be able to mute notifications on specific email threads. This way, students can silence uninteresting email threads, so that when they get a notification they can have higher confidence that it will be relevant to them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow students to modify fonts in open responses on exams

When writing an exam question I can use different fonts and modify those fonts (bold, italics, underline, etc) but students cannot do the same in their responses. It would be helpful to me if they could use those fonts in their responses.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create/Use better Assignment order in grader

What determines the order of the assignments in the drop-down menu in BYU Grades > scoring? The assignments don't seem to have any particular order (in fact, it appears quite random) and it makes for selecting an assignment from that list quite a pain for instructors and TAs.

Please look into coming up with some better way to display those assignments - perhaps by the same categories that we use to make them and by their due dates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Text columns in gradebook

Gradebook needs the ability to have columns for text so that we can enter assignment numbers, group names, etc into the gradebook for the ease of professors and students to grade. For example, for some assignments I just want a check mark to tell me it has been turned in (like the class Ferpa form). I don't want a grade for it, but a way to visually see who has completed something and who has not when there are no points assigned to it. Currently I have to use numbers and the students freak out because those numbers (even if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I'd like to be able to download and upload Excel spreadsheets into the Schedule

Make it easier to interface between Schedule in Learning Suite and Excel spreadsheets.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow a sort of the Originality Check report

The Originality Check is awesome, but if I do grading there, I can't sort students by name, etc --- it just occurs in the order of submission. Alternatively, if the report were accessible when entering grades under "Scores", I could do the sorting there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an attribute to each page in Learning Suite that allows an instructor to explicitly mark a page as world-readable (including syllabus).

I and many of my colleagues are finding that placing our course content in the Learning Suite silo is overly constraining. We would like to share more of our resources with each other and with the world. Some of the course content is private and for students only, but much of it is not. It has been recently problematic that we cannot look at one another’s courses. With these issues in mind, I would like to submit the following feature requests:
    1. add an attribute to each page in Learning Suite that allows an instructor to explicitly mark a page…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow students to retake only the questions they missed

This used to be a feature, but apparently has been removed. Please add it back.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add textual columns into GB (similar to column in GB for unique numerical id)

In order to mark students who have disabilities or indicate a group, or other textual information by student there needs to be a textual column that teachers can add.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show confirmation dialog before exam submission

When you reach the last question on an exam, the "Finish and Submit" button looks a lot like the "Continue" button, and is in the same location. If you're going quickly, it's easy to click "Finish and Submit" thinking you are just going to the next question. This is a problem if you wanted to go back and review previous questions. A confirmation dialog would allow you to go back if you clicked "Finish and Submit" by mistake.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove the "compare yourself to other students in class" function.

I recently learned, to my horror, that LS has a default setting to let students see their score in comparison to other students (as opposed to tracking their own performance). That's bad enough (a comparison culture is unhealthy), but then LS also tells them things like "you're the best in class" or "you're the worst in class - better luck next time." I cannot say how badly this has gone for students (once they let me know it was happening!). I can turn it off, but I have to remember to do that each semester. Please, either remove it, or…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)