Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Schedule needs option to turn holidays on or off

For study abroad programs (or other courses) that do not follow American holidays, it would be helpful to be able to turn those holidays off in the course schedule. In some instances, study abroad programs hold classes on American holidays, but the Learning Suite schedule doesn't currently allow for content to be put into that space.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More options with attendance in grades

Please add a tardy option with attendance.

Also, please add a "note" option with daily attendance. For example, in dance and other participatory classes, students may be present, but 'sitting out' due to an injury. I would like to be able to track that in Learning Suite for both instructor and student benefit.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Content View Statistics

Provide statistics on how many times a given content page has been accessed, per semester if possible. A page with lots of view may contain extremely helpful material, or it may contain material that is difficult for students to understand. A page with few views may be worthless, or the students might not know about it. Whatever the case, view statistics would provide another form of anonymous feedback from student to teacher.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an Instructor Section for Content

It would be very convenient to be able to store instructor/TA content such as solutions on Learning Suite with other course materials. At present you can make an unpublished page, but then you have to use the 'preview' for links to work.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Link to another website-add area for professor provide instructions or other text

When a new course is created an the option is to use Learning Suite or to input the web address that will take students outside of Learning Suite, it would be helpful if there was a space for the professor to provide instructions about that link. Currently, a teacher can only input the link without providing any contextual clues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quantitative Exam Questions

Allow questions with numerical answers which are checked for being within a certain tolerance of the correct answer (relative or absolute). The questions show allow scientific notation to handle large and small numbers such as 1.2e23 of 1.9e-7 (or an equivalent format). Include the option to have each student have different numerical parameters in their question so that students get randomized numerical questions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When the schedule is viewed on a phone in student view, the content can get cut off if it's long and the phone is in portrait position.

Can you make it so that this doesn't happen?

When the schedule is viewed on a phone in student view, the content can get cut off if it's long and the phone is in portrait position.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add symbols to grade scale

Add less than, less than or equal to, greater than, greater than or equal to symbols for use in the grading scale

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give instructors the ability to open an exam for someone to take a second time, either in an exception, or otherwise.

Curently there is no way for instructors to let a student take an exam again if there is a reason to do so. LS could program an exception option, or some other way of re-opening the exam for a student so they can take it again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the standard windows keyboard shortcut for adding a link

Add the standard windows keyboard shortcut for adding a link (Ctrl + K) to correspond with the linking feature on posts and announcements. We already have standard shortcuts enabled for Bold and Italics. Why not linking?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. expand the answer boxes for fill in the blank questions

In LS exams, allow the fill in the blank answer boxes to be larger (like for open response)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multiple Choice and Multiple Response Exam Questions Should be Graphically Distinct

Currently, Multiple Choice and Multiple Response questions types appear to be virtually identical. This OFTEN causes a problem where I think I've created a multiple response question, but I've mistakenly made a multiple choice question. To make matters worse, once the question has been created, I can't change the type.

The best solution would be to make these types graphically distinct. For example, Multiple Choice questions should have circles for the A, B, C, choices, whereas the Multiple Response questions should have squares - as is the typical graphical conventions for radio buttons vs. check box. This would also make…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow dual professors tablet access to LS

I team-teach a class with another professor. We can both access LS on our computers, but I can't access it on my tablet because he's listed as the first instructor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need to convert hidden columns to not hidden on "Schedule"

I need to convert hidden columns to visible columns. Once hidden columns are set up (I guess I did it by accident while importing), there's no way to get them to be visible by students.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. File management

I typically organize files by class. For example hw1.pdf is class dependent. Rather than storing all of the files in a flat directory, organization by class would be very helpful. Also, when updating files, please allow for a replace function. Currently we have to go to home, delete the file, then back into the assignment page to upload the new file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. On the student view

The student view tells students how many points they've received and also a percentage. If points are in categories that receive different totals, however, then the first of these two numbers is just confusing, and should be removed. For example, a student complained because he has 340/395 points but only an 80% (where, doing the math, 340/395=89%) because the points he missed were on the exam, which are weighted more heavily than homework problems.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a column in each gradebook category for the category average. Include each student's average and the class average.

Add a column in each gradebook category for the category average. Include each student's average and the class average.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Search feature to Question Bank

Please add a keyword search function to the main page of the Question Bank that will search in all folders and subfolders within the Question Bank, and display all of the results showing on a single page (even if the results are in different folders). Something akin to doing a keyword search in Windows using File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base