Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow students to access to view all quizzes (exams) after the closing date.

Currently students can only go back and view the exams they took. If they missed an exam they can't see it after the close date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add special character palette for foreign language courses

Some answers on exams and other assignments require special characters, especially in foreign language courses. It would be quicker and easier for some students to have a selection of special characters available with the click of a button, e.g. those with a non-Mac laptop who don't have a number pad.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rubrics: show the total points while creating the rubric

I create separate rubrics for each assignment, so I have quite a few rubrics.

It would be nice to have a "total" (or I supposed "total max") points at the bottom of the rubric creation modal. Yes, I can do math, but it's quicker and easier if a running total is displayed, and that should be an easy fix.

A running total would make it easier to divvy up points so that I make sure an assignment hits a certain number of points.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow the instructor/TA to print papers directly from the BYU grades tab

Currently, if I want to print the paper of a student, I need to first download the file and then open it in Windows Word or some other program, and THEN print it. It would be nice if there was a way to print it straight from the Learning Suite page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Y-Messages from previous semesters shouldn't continue as notifications

The only way to get rid of the message notification is to click on the message and read it. There are classes where students will babble about nothing important and the professor will never use this method for important things. If you want to get rid of them, you have to go through all previous semesters and click to view each individual message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to adjust vertical spacing in text.

Ability to adjust vertical spacing in text. For example, tables that are copied into the syllabus have a double spaced vertical height per row making them twice as tall as they need to be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow deletion of multiple days on the schedule. Such as delete all Mondays etc.

My schedule shows all days of the week, yet we only meet once a week. Please make an easy way to set-up or delete many days of the week.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to download a version of the student's uploaded assignment that includes the notes I've added.

For instructors who need to submit (for faculty review or employment renewal) samples of student work WITH instructor's comments, I'd like the ability to download and save copies of my students' papers (that have been uploaded through Learning Suite) that INCLUDE my added notes (feedback). The feedback/notes disappear when I "download," so that all I see is the student's text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expand the question text to full screen and have scroll bars for when it doesn't fit

When I added an embedded image to a Learning Suite question, the small question box wouldn't scroll to enable me to edit it very well. I had to switch to HTML mode to add text to the end. It would be nice if I could expand the question text to full screen and had scroll bars for when it didn't fit. I have attached an image of the question when I was trying to edit and what it looked like after I added the rest of the text in HTML mode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. allow instructors to customize dashboard

Right now, the dashboard contains announcements and the schedule. This is not that useful to me. I am posting material in a content page that I feel needs to be on the front page of the course. Sometimes the content that I want on the front page will change at different points in the semester. It would be nice for professors to have more complete control over the front page on learning suite. Students sometimes have a hard time finding information because it is hidden from the front page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Set a date for when students can no longer see answers to exams

set a close date on when exam answers are visible. So what he wants is to have a quiz available for a week. After the students take the quiz he wants them to see their answers and the right answers, but only for one week after the quiz. He doesn't want the questions available all semester since he uses quiz questions for his exam pools. He wants to avoid students cramming and his questions leaking between semesters.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)