Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow TAs to select which email they use.

When TAs send an email to the students in the class through LS, allow them to select their personal email account or the generic TA email address set up by the instructor.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. when you log back in, let me go back to exactly what I was doing, not kicked back out to the course list.

When we log back in, let us go back to exactly what we were doing, don't kick us back out to the course list.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a defined date for late assignment submissions

Example: An assignment has a due date of November 15, but I allow late assignments (with a penalty) for one week following the deadline. I would like to be able to select "Allow late submissions" and then have a choice for how long the late papers can be submitted. In this example I would mark Nov 22 as last day for late work. The system would mark files from Nov 16-22 as late and on the 23rd would not allow any more assignment uploads.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. survey

Would be nice to have a survey option in the exams. If selected, there would be no "correct" answers required and individual student responses would not be visible. (only show the statistics on the answers). The instructor only sees who has completed the survey. Ideally, you could give some credit for completion alone.

It would need to be labeled as a survey rather than an exam so that students would recognize the difference.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show Class Session Number on Schedule

It would be very helpful to have an optional column next to the date in the schedule that simply lists class period 1, class 2, class 3...

This would help me organize things as I copy a class from semester to semester. Sometimes it's easier to think in terms of Day 17, rather than whatever date it is.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase the maximum length of Digital Dialog videos

From IA Training with Lisa Tanner Christensen: She would like to be able to upload videos (class lectures) that are the length of the class period (1.5 hrs). This could either be in Digital Dialog or Content.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Simplify group creation in Digital Dialog

Easier options for forming groups in Digital Dialog.
    An option for automatic group formation by group size, or number of groups. Group randomly, by alphabet, perhaps even balance genders.
    Also, the groups show the size they had when created, but some lost students through adds/drops. It's difficult to know into which groups to add new students, without going through EVERY group counting manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Submit grades later option

In the previous gradebook there was an option to "continue later" while grading...this allowed my TA to begin grading but not submit the score. A flag icon appeared and I could follow behind the TA to review the grade and submit it.

The new BYU grades does not have this feature and I don't like the idea of hiding grades from the students while we are grading. Can this previous feature PLEASE be added to BYU grades (in the meantime I am grading from Agilix then syncing grades to BYU grades... it defeats some of the nice viewing features of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a Discussion/QA spot for each assignment/Exam

There are always a large number of questions for large assignments, projects, and exams. It would be great if instead of needing to go back and forth over email, students could post and group questions associated with a given test or assignment that professors could then answer from one spot. That QA spot would become the authority on updated information for assignments and tests and make it so that faculty would (in theory) only have to answer questions once--something that I think that would add great value for faculty and students alike.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to hide a page until a score has been entered on a particular Gradebook assignment

I often have students who are sick turn in homework late. I would like to make the solution key to the homework available only to those students who have submitted the assignment (and therefore have a score entered on gradebook. Right now LS lets you hide/publish a page based on *date*. I would like to hide page X for a student until there is a score for assignment Y.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow learning objectives to be copied when duplicating a course

When I duplicate a course that I (or someone else) has taught before, the learning objectives are often identical, yet LS won't copy them. I put a lot of work into writing those objectives last time. Also, on large GE courses the department put a lot of work into writing the objectives and I don't have the authority to make up my own objectives. In either case it will be a pain for me to re-enter the objectives in to the new course. Please let me coy them.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Notify professor when a student drops after the add/drop deadline

I was wondering if there was any way that Professors and TAs could receive notification when a student drops the class after the add/drop deadline. Every time that a student drops the class, I never find out until I go to enter in their test or homework grade, only to find out that they don't exist on the rolls any more. When they drop the class, I'd prefer not to have to grade their tests/homework, just to shred them when I find out they're no longer in the class.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Page dedicated for TA use

Make a page that TA's can put their hours and review session schedule, contact info, supplemental materials and anything they want, etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Signature Option for LS Messages

With the new messaging feature in Learning Suite, can you add a signature option (as you would find in an email client) so that I don't have to constantly complete my signature when I message my students and classes?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MESSAGES: Allow HTML editing (or a rich text editor, if you're feeling really ambitious)

MESSAGES: Allow HTML editing (or a rich text editor, if you're feeling really ambitious). Even if it's only for Instructors and TAs.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable notifications for when students have read/accessed feedback given on grades.

I spend a lot of time typing comments that accompany scores that I record. It would greatly help if I knew whether or not students had seen that feedback.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Turnitin Grademark into LS

Turnitin's Grademark system is VASTLY superior to the built-in Learning Suite grading interface. It's far more functional, adaptable, user friendly, and works on iPad. I know that you've already added a button to automatically transfer the Grademark scores - it only works occasionally and, even when it does, sometimes transfers the wrong scores, but that's a different discussion. The main problem is that students have a hard time finding the Grademark feedback. I recommend replacing the unusable LS grader altogether with Grademark and setting it up so students can access the feedback with a single click.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base