Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create domain "ls.byu.edu" and have it direct to "learningsuite.byu.edu"

Create domain "ls.byu.edu" and have it redirect to "learningsuite.byu.edu"

This would reduce time and error when wanting to open LS, especially on a lab computer. All the user would need to type is "ls.byu.edu" in order to open the home page.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Persistent unread emails

This may be a glitch, but my inbox ALWAYS reads 10 unread emails (and I have gone through ALL past semesters), and even when I click on an unread email, it doesn't automatically get marked as read. Please let there be a way to have ALL emails automatically marked as read and deleted from the red think box on the inbox image.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Improper Conversion between point and percentage based scoring

The scoring in my course was changed from Weighted Percentage scoring to Total Points, and in the process the student scores for an assignment were not properly converted. The system is set up to allow entry of points as a percent of points possible, but the student scores were interpreted as 100/135 or 74%, and had to be reentered as 100.0 to be given full credit. Entering both 100 and 74 resulted in scores staying the same, and correct behavior was restored on entering in any other number first. I have uploaded a video demonstrating the behavior.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tag or Differentiate Schedule entries based on their association with Lecture or Lab

When I organize the course in the Schedule tab, it would be incredibly helpful for the system to track the entries by the relationship to a lecture class or a lab class.

I teach four sections that meet together for lecture but separately for lab. Learning Suite allows me to manage them separately so that their assignments can be due at their lab times. But when I copy between one section and the other, the Schedule entries don't differentiate between lecture days and lab days, so they just pile into the schedule in the next class day. This is problematic…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Schedule iCal feed should be specific times

When you subscribe to the iCal feed of the course schedule, the events show up as all-day events. Instead, they should be tied to a specific time whenever possible, either the class time or the deadline for an assignment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. HTML code on pages reformating is insulting

When I enter html code, switch to visual, and then back again, it re-formats my code. This may seem like a great feature . . . but really, if someone is technical to edit their html code, doesn't that imply that they have some idea what they are doing, and would like things to stay the way they entered them?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Facilitate generic web code into Learning Suite

One thing that I think would really help us be more willing to migrate more fully to Learning Suite and get in step with the rest of campus would be to facilitate generic web code, etc., into learning suite. If I could simply insert codes to call up one of my css files, run JavaScript and java web start in Learning Suite pages, have my Learning Suite pages parsed by PHP, etc., it could potentially be very simple for me to merge my course ware with Learning Suite. And I would have the confidence that, if Learning Suite disappeared one…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Require FERPA training for TAs with Learning Suite access, like we do with AIM access

It seems to me that TAs (especially undergraduate TAs) with access to Learning Suite should be required to take FERPA training.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How can I submit a student paper for them? (to run it through Turnitin)?

How can I submit a student paper for them? Or, really, how can I run their paper through Turnitin without it having been submitted by the student? Such as in a situation where they were unable to access Learning Suite and emailed me their paper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Late indication

On the gradebook, a little red clock indicates when an assignment has been submitted late. If you hover over the little red clock, a popup appears to show how late the assignment is. BUT, when you open the grader, there is no indication anywhere of how late the assignment is. There used to be, but there is not now. How come that went away?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am a student and should probably not be posting here.

I clicked home from ymail and went to feedback for a problem I have, but it looks like this is just for instructors. I just wanted to let you know. I am guessing I shouldn't have access to this link?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "add student"

I would like the ability to add a student to the student roll based on their netID, This is nice for research experience courses (e.g., the students are currently working for me and want course credit and it might be nice to add them to the next semester without generating "permission-to-add" codes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. LearningSuite Messages

I bet you already know about this but I noticed but when TA responds to a learningsuite message the name just shows up as "name unavailable (dropped)".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow instructors to include special instructions for exam or blocks of questions (for online or paper exams)

Sometimes students can benefit and understand how to approach exam questions if instructors can give them specific direction that is not part of the actual test question.

"This exam has 20 multiple choice and 10 True/False questions" Select the best answer."

"The following six short-answer questions address the philosophical differences regarding voting rights in 1960 between Richard M. Nixon and John F. Kennedy."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is there a way to do the Originality Check on files emailed to the instructor rather than uploaded by the student?

Is there a way to do the Originality Check on files emailed to the instructor rather than uploaded by the student? Maybe it exists and I can't find it, but if not it would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bugfix: Inbox count

My inbox shows a count of 3 if I have 0 messages, 4 if I have 1 message, 5 if I have 2 messages, etc. It always counts three more messages than I actually have. Obvious bug to be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base