What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

Retain data for students who drop a class

I had several students drop one of my classes rather late this semester and found that their names (understandably) disappear from the Learning Suite e-mail list and from BYU Grades. But other consequences include that (1) their messages to me through "BYU Learning Suite Messages" now become messages from "Unavailable"; (2) I no longer have access to the work they've submitted on Learning Suite (unless I've downloaded it); (3) I no longer have the "Originality Check" results for work they've submitted; and (4) I no longer have the scores I've given them on assignments submitted, unless I've recorded those scores elsewhere. This lack of information can become a problem if I'm asked to provide information by the University or (if a grievance is filed) by someone attempting to resolve a dispute. In particular, no longer having a copy of their work or of the results of "Originality Check" can be a problem if plagiarism has taken place, and I'm asked to provide evidence of the plagiarism to the Honor Code office or my department. Is there a way any or all of these items can be retained in the system for a period of time in case they are needed?

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bruce Young shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gideon Burton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When students withdraw, their grades disappear from BYU Grades. This makes it impossible to reconstruct their academic status which is sometimes needed. (One student of mine hastily withdrew even though she was doing well. However, I didn't have her grades any more to review)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to keep the scores and assignment records for students who withdraw from my classes so that I can report these to the financial aid office. When students withdraw, they are automatically deleted from LS, so I can't give accurate feedback about a student's last date of participation (crucial for a student who received a Pell Grant but withdrew).

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base