What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

Assignable late penalty

I would rather allow a student to submit late, with a small point penalty as a disincentive, than to bar them from submitting it. The system would automatically assess a point penalty when an assignment is late. You would need four boxes:
1. penalty amount
2. score unit (% or points)
3. time amount
4. time unit

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeff Macedone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marshall Morrise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd want to specify the percentage for each late period. For example:
    - on time: 100%
    - within X hours of on time : 80%
    - within Y hours of on time: 50%
    - within Z hours of on time: 20%
    - beyond Z hours of on time: 0%

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using the Learning Modules feature to link to assignments in Moodle. The feature works great in exporting students' grades on the assignments back to BYU Grades, but we really need the option of progressively deducting percentages for each day an assignment is late, like Pearson's My Language Lab and other learning management systems have. Learning Suite apparently only offers two options: either not accepting late assignments at all, or giving them full credit. What I'd like is an option to progressively deduct 5% for each day an assignment is late. Thanks!

• Matthew Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This honestly would be awesome. It creates a lot of logistical issues when it simply stops accepting entries (email an assignment to a professor only to later find out that it needed to be sent to a TA. Gets lost in TAs email, etc.). It would be great to see better defaults and methods in place for enabling the submission of late work.

Instructor Side: Grades

Feedback and Knowledge Base