What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

Team functionality for students

I really need teams functionality. I know that is on the drawing board. I use team-based-learning and the the digital delivery of team work is awkward when I can't group students into teams. This should include a team PEER ASSESSMENT (team maintenance) tool either in the team section or in the exam section.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David KryscynskiDavid Kryscynski commented  · 

Groups functionality has been on the schedule since the inception of learning suite four years ago, and improvements are slow at best. To be frank, the lack of progress is getting in the way and creates a barrier to my teaching effectiveness. I will likely switch to a different LMS this year where I can be confident that professional developers will be constantly improving the functionality of the LMS. I want to take advantage of innovative ideas, not wait many years for our internal system to catch up.

• ChandlerChandler commented  · 

Yes. And allow for all team members to see feedback given on team assignments.

• Jonathan RichardsJonathan Richards commented  · 

Also, how about sending emails based on teams? I have put my students into groups, but I find that I still have to manually group them for email. It would be really convenient to be able to group them once and then use those groups in all the different aspects of LS. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Groups without group assignments are of minimal value. As long as we need to collect and grade group assignments outside of Learning Suite, we will need to maintain groups outside of learning suite as well.

However, I'm excited to see that this has made it on to your schedule! Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I also need to have the ability for teams to submit team assignments, and to give one grade to the team and automatically apply it to members of the team.

• Rebecca ClarkeRebecca Clarke commented  · 

I use groups for completion of an Honors Great Works experience, and being able to email groups is vital to me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base