What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

Assign different due dates to different groups of students.

When we have group projects, the groups will present on different dates. I would like to either be able to create an assignment not attached to one date, or be able to assign different due dates for the various groups.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Melissa NewberryMelissa Newberry shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

For those teaching more than one section of the same course during the same semester, it would be ideal if groups could be identified automatically as course sections, and that those sections could be allotted different due dates and times for assignments as well as quizzes and exams.

• Cameron GunterCameron Gunter commented  · 

I agree. This would be especially useful for lab reports in my case. The students all complete the same lab assignment each week, but they are asked to turn it in one week after the day they attended. Since we currently have 4 labs, 1 each Monday-Thursday, we have 4 different due dates for the same assignment according to lab groups.

I know there is an option under "Exams" where you can have a specified due date for each student if you want. Something similar would be great. Furthermore, it would be better if you could create and manage "Groups" of students, as would be useful in the case of lab groups, like Deborah Himes has commented.

Thanks,
        Cameron

• Deborah HimesDeborah Himes commented  · 

This would be great for me as well. I have a quiz that is due every Monday. It is supposed to be completed by the time the student attends their designated lab section. So I have 16 students from 2 sections) who should have it be done by 8:00 am, 16 students (again, from 2 sections) who should be done by 10:30, 16 by 1:30, and 16 by 4 pm. I have to have my TA go in and look at what time they submitted to see if everyone was done on time. There should be a way for this to be automatic.

You might be thinking I should just have them all in different sections of the learning suite course - but that would make so much more work. It is easier to have all the lab sections in one course for so many reasons.

I'd like to be able to set up groups at the start of the semester and be able to have some things apply to those students specifically.

This could be complicated though, because for most things ALL the students have the same due date and time, it is only the quizzes in my course that are due at different times.

Feedback and Knowledge Base