What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

Tag or Differentiate Schedule entries based on their association with Lecture or Lab

When I organize the course in the Schedule tab, it would be incredibly helpful for the system to track the entries by the relationship to a lecture class or a lab class.

I teach four sections that meet together for lecture but separately for lab. Learning Suite allows me to manage them separately so that their assignments can be due at their lab times. But when I copy between one section and the other, the Schedule entries don't differentiate between lecture days and lab days, so they just pile into the schedule in the next class day. This is problematic when some labs meet on the same day as lectures, while other labs meet on non-lecture days.

If Schedule entries could be tagged with their relationship to a lecture or lab, then all of the lecture entries would fall on the lecture days (which are the same day across all four sections), and the lab entries would fall on the day that the particular section has its lab class (which is different between the sections).

And I know this might be too much to ask, but it would actually be even better if there were certain portions of the class (like quizzes, testing center exams, and lecture related schedule items) that could be linked between sections so that I only have to change them once. But like I said, that's my wish list. I'd be happy if I could just tag the schedule items with lecture or lab and have the calendar recognize which corresponds to which days.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)