What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

Allow TAs to select which email they use.

When TAs send an email to the students in the class through LS, allow them to select their personal email account or the generic TA email address set up by the instructor.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BYU Learning SuiteAdminBYU Learning Suite (BYU Learning Suite, BYU LEARNING SUITE) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rickelle RichardsRickelle Richards commented  · 

I also work with Pauline Williams and the only solution our TAs have (according to LS IT) is to have them put a filter on their personal email account so that all LS messages coming from the course they TA goes to the BYU email address. But to do so, they have to figure it out on their own because BYU IT cannot help students with personal email accounts outside of a byu domain. The suggestion above would make it MUCH easier for our TAs to receive and respond to messages through LS.

• Scott MancusoScott Mancuso commented  · 

I think this would be very nice. I hope it goes without saying that the instructor should also be allowed to change the email address they use. And since it would most likely be a trivial extension to allow students to change their email as well, I think it would be nice to make it available to all users.

• Pauline WilliamsPauline Williams commented  · 

I think this is an important issue. We just received a copy of the University Information Security Procedures: Email Security which states: "Provide a campus email for student employees. This provides the student employee with a university-controlled tool for communication. Without this tool a student may feel the need to use a personal account to conduct university business. This would be a questionable practice that could open the door for loss of sensitive information."

Even though we have a University email address for our TAs, Learning Suite email's populate with the TAs personal email.

Feedback and Knowledge Base