What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

Create assignments from a spreadsheet or csv

In the courses I work with (as a graduate student instructor) I often need to create assignments for every day of the semester, but with different titles, point values, and descriptions. However, there is a pattern to the items that I can easily produce in a program like excel (for instance the description contains a hyperlink that is based on the assignment title).
I would like to be able to upload a spreadsheet with my assignments and have learning suite create assignments based on the information. Specifically, I would like the ability to enter an assignment title, due date, description (with the option to either be html format or plaintext), point value, etc. I attached a sample input csv.
Using existing spreadsheet functionality I can product the corresponding input csv for my 80-90 assignments in about 15 minutes, but creating those same assignments within Learning Suite takes at least an hour.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nick Callor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternatively, a way to enter assignments in a table format where we could tab through the fields, rather than a pop-up box for each one, could help to address this issue. Or, perhaps there could be an option for replicating assignments according to some pattern.

Instructor Side: Grades

Feedback and Knowledge Base