Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a Discussion/QA spot for each assignment/Exam

There are always a large number of questions for large assignments, projects, and exams. It would be great if instead of needing to go back and forth over email, students could post and group questions associated with a given test or assignment that professors could then answer from one spot. That QA spot would become the authority on updated information for assignments and tests and make it so that faculty would (in theory) only have to answer questions once--something that I think that would add great value for faculty and students alike.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Equation editing

I need equation editing, but I typically use MathType (an enhanced version of equation editor) instead of LaTex or some other markup language. Some ability to interface with that would be nice. I'm not sure yet on how well it cuts and pastes in from Word.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Take an exam for practice

There should be capabilities to have practice exams. They should be optionally gradable, have no cut-off dates, and be available from the start of the course.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Non-automatic questions in exams (homework)

In many cases, especially when exams are being used as worksheets, there are questions that don't have a predetermined right answer, even multiple choice or true/false. For example, 1. Pick an example... 2. Which category is this example? A B C D. It would be nice if the exam builder did not force us to pick a correct answer and assign points to it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Entering exact times for tests causes confusion.

When I create an exam, I have to post a time for it (especially since the times will appear in "Schedule"). This requires that I find out when the Testing Center administers the exams. This presents problems: does the test end when the Testing Center closes, or when they quit handing out exams? Do I have to keep track of the Testing Center hours, in case they change sometime during the term?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Default box size for open response questions

Currently the default open response box size is 1 which is probably the size least likely to be used by anyone. I think a default of 10 would be more appropriate or even better give users the option of selecting their own default size for all their open ended questions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On exams, it would be great if students could go back and see what their answer was.

Many of my students would like to be able to go back to their exams and see their own responses. I don't see that this is currently an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Summarize human vs computer scoring at the end of the exam

I would like to know how much of my exam was automatically scored electronically, and how much I graded myself.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow students to access to view all quizzes (exams) after the closing date.

Currently students can only go back and view the exams they took. If they missed an exam they can't see it after the close date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Put in a disclaimer when previewing exams in student view that the students cannot see the exam until the open date

Garrett said "I thought I was viewing the site as a student would. It would be helpful to include this information in the page help or have a disclaimer in the "Student View" that states that the exam list page is an exam preview mode and that the previews are not available for student viewing."

He would like some sort of disclaimer when viewing exams in student view that let people know that students won't actually be able to view and take the exam before the exam start date. Since in student view the professor\TA is able to view the…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have an answer section under "Add/Modify Short Answer question" so that you can see possible answer when grading

Mike called in to discuss the transfer of one of his courses from Blackboard to Learning Suite. The course is EC EN 320 Digital System Design. The feature in Blackboard that Mike would like to see in Learning Suite is the "Answer" section under "Add/Modify Short Answer Question." Because that feature is not found yet in Learning Suite, all of Mike's test answers are buried somewhere in.dat files and are not in any area that is easily accessible to his TA to use when grading the short answer portion of the online exams.

Essentially, Mike would like Learning Suite to…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Exam import from another system

It would be nice to be able to upload a word document, or something like that, rather than having to compose quizzes/exams online.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base