Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

What suggestions do you have to improve Learning Suite?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Submit grades later option

In the previous gradebook there was an option to "continue later" while grading...this allowed my TA to begin grading but not submit the score. A flag icon appeared and I could follow behind the TA to review the grade and submit it.

The new BYU grades does not have this feature and I don't like the idea of hiding grades from the students while we are grading. Can this previous feature PLEASE be added to BYU grades (in the meantime I am grading from Agilix then syncing grades to BYU grades... it defeats some of the nice viewing features of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable notifications for when students have read/accessed feedback given on grades.

I spend a lot of time typing comments that accompany scores that I record. It would greatly help if I knew whether or not students had seen that feedback.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate Turnitin Grademark into LS

Turnitin's Grademark system is VASTLY superior to the built-in Learning Suite grading interface. It's far more functional, adaptable, user friendly, and works on iPad. I know that you've already added a button to automatically transfer the Grademark scores - it only works occasionally and, even when it does, sometimes transfers the wrong scores, but that's a different discussion. The main problem is that students have a hard time finding the Grademark feedback. I recommend replacing the unusable LS grader altogether with Grademark and setting it up so students can access the feedback with a single click.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add attachments to messages from gradebook

Provide a way to add attachments to emails sent from Gradebook - even if only 1 MB in size

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to exclude an individual student's grades from overall/assignment statistics without having to leave score blank

Some students never show up yet they don't withdrawal from class. They, officially, have a zero in their scores and their overall grade. It would be wonderful to eliminate their zero scores from the assignment statistics and, if they do happen to have one score in the class, it would be nice to be able to exclude their super low grade from overall grade statistics. This would allow for a more accurate statistical view of the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clicking on a student's score should take you to the student's exam

Professor Cherrington would like to see a hyperlink changed under the scores tab in Learning Suite. When he clicks on someones score a second menu comes up which gives some information about the exam and there is a hyper link at the top of the page that links you to the exam description. He would like to see that changed so that when he clicks on that link it takes him to the students exam so that he can review there exams.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Eliminate scroll ability in the score box.

Eliminate scroll ability in the score box associated with the annotation screen. Many times have I inputted a grade after I've left feedback and, because of the scroll feature (the ability to use the up and down arrows to increase or decrease the score number), I have mistakenly changed the grade that I had already inputted. I can't think of why the scroll feature is needed with the score box in the first place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course!

Make it possible to create assignments and use the gradebook in a future course! I have a TA working on assignments for three different courses. One of these is in the future, so the "Gradebook" is unusable until there are students enrolled. Seems like an odd limitation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. WebServices Interface

Have a webservices interface to gradbook (and possibly other services). Then we could write our own external content and question types and post the grades back to LearningSuite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base