Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File management

I typically organize files by class. For example hw1.pdf is class dependent. Rather than storing all of the files in a flat directory, organization by class would be very helpful. Also, when updating files, please allow for a replace function. Currently we have to go to home, delete the file, then back into the assignment page to upload the new file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On the student view

The student view tells students how many points they've received and also a percentage. If points are in categories that receive different totals, however, then the first of these two numbers is just confusing, and should be removed. For example, a student complained because he has 340/395 points but only an 80% (where, doing the math, 340/395=89%) because the points he missed were on the exam, which are weighted more heavily than homework problems.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Editing Annotations in Grader

After creating an annotation, I am permitted to edit it later by simply clicking on it and typing in the textbox. However, the edit will not be saved unless I click the "pencil" (edit) button in the top left, and then click save.

Could it be that 1) either the annotations can not be edited without first clicking the pencil or 2) edits are immediately saved upon exiting the annotation (and remove the pencil altogether)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would love to have a testing option that will conclude the test if students exit out of it.

I would like to be able to have my students take a written test on their computer without the distraction/implications for cheating of other online materials. So perhaps having an option that would have the test submit once the student exits out of it or goes to another webpage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

It would help me learn the names of my students if their pictures would also show up on the assignment grading window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print Exams to Editable Format

Learning Suite has introduced the question bank feature which is really useful for learning suite exams. It would be amazing to be able to use this feature to create exams that could then be printed and taken in class or in the testing center. Currently you can "print an exam", but it's not easy to edit information on the exam pages that may be needed for a testing center exam.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Troubleshooting FAQs

It would be very helpful to have a Troubleshooting section under the FAQs page for common issues that occur.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a column in each gradebook category for the category average. Include each student's average and the class average.

Add a column in each gradebook category for the category average. Include each student's average and the class average.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Digital Dialog groups by class sections

Rather than creating groups manually, it would be MUCH easier if there were an option to divide groups by class sections. As it stands, we have to keep track of adding, dropping, switching sections, etc. and try to keep students plugged into manually created groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Search feature to Question Bank

Please add a keyword search function to the main page of the Question Bank that will search in all folders and subfolders within the Question Bank, and display all of the results showing on a single page (even if the results are in different folders). Something akin to doing a keyword search in Windows using File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be helpful to be able to export the Discussions in Digital Dialog

It would be helpful to be able to export the Discussions in Digital Dialog so I can manage them later in MS Word. Or even PDF would be fine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restrict which users can access particular pages

It would be nice if instructors could restrict which users can access particular pages under the Content tab. I am currently teaching two sections of a class remotely, but I've combined them as one in Learning Suite to make class management easier. I post recordings of class so students can watch them later, especially for students in different time zones or who have bad internet connections. However, due to FERPA, I have to restrict students to only seeing the recording of the section for which they are registered. To do this, I post links to the Zoom recording in Digital…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Edit syllabus before printing in Distribute tab

When printing the syllabus from the "distribute" tab there should be a way to make last minute edits before printing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make the LaTeX plugin work properly

The current LaTeX plugin is poorly implemented. It does not properly render correct LaTeX code in many simple formulas. It incorrectly interprets extra spaces in LaTeX code. The LaTeX text editor does not (but should) allow hard returns line returns to make LaTeX code in complicated formulas easier to read. In its current form, it is nearly useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)