Instructor Side

Add a new feature request or vote for an existing one and all of your dreams will come true.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. exams

Force LS to close an exam at deadline, even if a student is in process of taking it. My students often begin an exam before the deadline but keep right on taking it after the closing time has passed. I don't want to fail them for the whole exam, just the portion they didn't complete in time. Could a LS exam close when the designated time is reached?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link to another website-add area for professor provide instructions or other text

When a new course is created an the option is to use Learning Suite or to input the web address that will take students outside of Learning Suite, it would be helpful if there was a space for the professor to provide instructions about that link. Currently, a teacher can only input the link without providing any contextual clues.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quantitative Exam Questions

Allow questions with numerical answers which are checked for being within a certain tolerance of the correct answer (relative or absolute). The questions show allow scientific notation to handle large and small numbers such as 1.2e23 of 1.9e-7 (or an equivalent format). Include the option to have each student have different numerical parameters in their question so that students get randomized numerical questions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit syllabus before printing in Distribute tab

When printing the syllabus from the "distribute" tab there should be a way to make last minute edits before printing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add special character palette for foreign language courses

Some answers on exams and other assignments require special characters, especially in foreign language courses. It would be quicker and easier for some students to have a selection of special characters available with the click of a button, e.g. those with a non-Mac laptop who don't have a number pad.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow students to access to view all quizzes (exams) after the closing date.

Currently students can only go back and view the exams they took. If they missed an exam they can't see it after the close date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Instructor resubmission notification

Allow instructors to indicate if I paper can be resubmitted AFTER the due date so that students can correct work and resubmit for grading. Also, make some change to the icon when a new paper is submitted to alert the instructor that such work has been resubmitted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. File management

I typically organize files by class. For example hw1.pdf is class dependent. Rather than storing all of the files in a flat directory, organization by class would be very helpful. Also, when updating files, please allow for a replace function. Currently we have to go to home, delete the file, then back into the assignment page to upload the new file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow the instructor/TA to print papers directly from the BYU grades tab

Currently, if I want to print the paper of a student, I need to first download the file and then open it in Windows Word or some other program, and THEN print it. It would be nice if there was a way to print it straight from the Learning Suite page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Table Feature -

The ability to insert a small (basic) table onto content pages and syllabus pages would be extremely helpful for organizing information in a more efficient and effective manner. Lists are great (thank you) but some information really needs tabular form..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the standard windows keyboard shortcut for adding a link

Add the standard windows keyboard shortcut for adding a link (Ctrl + K) to correspond with the linking feature on posts and announcements. We already have standard shortcuts enabled for Bold and Italics. Why not linking?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow deletion of multiple days on the schedule. Such as delete all Mondays etc.

My schedule shows all days of the week, yet we only meet once a week. Please make an easy way to set-up or delete many days of the week.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow dual professors tablet access to LS

I team-teach a class with another professor. We can both access LS on our computers, but I can't access it on my tablet because he's listed as the first instructor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow deletion of pre-populated information on schedule

Right now, deleted exam prep days (for example) seem to reappear when I delete them. Since I'm teaching at the London Centre, Provo dates don't apply... I'd like to be able to make holidays disappear, too. I realize that I'd be doing this at my own peril.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a column in each gradebook category for the category average. Include each student's average and the class average.

Add a column in each gradebook category for the category average. Include each student's average and the class average.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Y-Messages from previous semesters shouldn't continue as notifications

The only way to get rid of the message notification is to click on the message and read it. There are classes where students will babble about nothing important and the professor will never use this method for important things. If you want to get rid of them, you have to go through all previous semesters and click to view each individual message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Digital Dialog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give instructors the ability to open an exam for someone to take a second time, either in an exception, or otherwise.

Curently there is no way for instructors to let a student take an exam again if there is a reason to do so. LS could program an exception option, or some other way of re-opening the exam for a student so they can take it again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. On the student view

The student view tells students how many points they've received and also a percentage. If points are in categories that receive different totals, however, then the first of these two numbers is just confusing, and should be removed. For example, a student complained because he has 340/395 points but only an 80% (where, doing the math, 340/395=89%) because the points he missed were on the exam, which are weighted more heavily than homework problems.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Instructor Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base