Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification system for graded assignments.

It would be cool to have a notification system for graded assignments. The idea being that you could click on an assignment and ask to be emailed when your grade has been entered.

415 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    35 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include "REPORT ABUSE" Feature in Messaging

Many of us have seen abuse of the messaging system. This can include everything from people making irrelevant small talk in a chat for the entire class down to students being bullied because of political affiliation. There are cases of students arguing and name calling in a class message thread. These things are certainly and abuse of the system and can be an abuse of individuals. Online abuse is serious and abuse of the system is annoying. It should be reported properly. Reporting would include a notification to the professor and possibly to LS admin.

271 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show all TA open lab hours in a weekly schedule format.

All of the TAs open lab hours are listed beneath their names, but it would be more helpful to see the list in a weekly calendar format. Sometimes a student doesn't care which TA has which hours, they just want to know if there will be a TA in the open lab before they make the trip to campus. If a class has multiple TAs in multiple places, then the system can sort by the room location of the office hours.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Combined grades and Cumulative GPA

Just like the combined schedule that is on learning suite, it would be great if there was a list of current grades in each class and a current cumulative GPA. It can be very tedious to do it through the GPA calculator

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow me to temporarily create/add assignments in the "What if calculator."

Not all teachers post assignments on Gradebook before they are submitted. It would be nice if I could add in the final to get a better idea of my position in the class.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show if assignment has been submitted already

When you submit an assignment through Learning Suite, have a green check or something similar appear so you don't have to click on it again to see if you have already submitted an assignment or not.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the My Courses ribbon also show the course names

As I get nearer to the end of my BYU experience, I have more and more courses that all come from the same department, which can get confusing. It would be nice if the My Courses ribbon listed the course names (or let me add something), so I can keep things organized in my head!

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add your own "Course" on the schedule

I love the new schedule layout with all the courses down the side and the days of the week across the top! But I currently have (and have had in the past) professor who don't use learning suite. I like that you can add your own notes etc to the schedule and I propose a similar idea. It would be awesome if you could add your own "course" to the schedule. Just an option to create another additional row at the bottom or something and you can just add in your own text the same way that you can for…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add the section number of the class onto LS.

In essays and so forth you sometimes have to put your section number on the assignment. It would be much more convenient if the number was under the name on each tab. Example: "ECON 110" with "sec 002" right underneath it with smaller characters . You could also add it on the "All Courses" tab under "Course List." One or both of these would be more convenient and probably very easy to do.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a search feature

This would make it easier to find things

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have an "available offline" option

Sometimes on/off campus there is not accessible internet connection (BOTTOM OF JFSB *cough*). It would be nice if the information in Learning Suite could still be accessed offline so that a student doesn't need to wander around their building until they have a wi-fi signal strong enough to last until they have their information open.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate Learning Suite and gradebook into the BYU app.

Make Learning Suite and Gradebook accessible in the BYU app. As of right now, gradebook is not viewable on handheld devices, Brainhoney has something to do with that I think.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlight changes that the professor makes so that they are easy to find

I was working with the CourseSites.com Blackboard webpage that we are using for the organizations until Community Spaces are available, and I saw a feature that is really nice for students and would solve the question--How do students know if something has been updated? The feature was a "What's New" box on the Dashboard of the course. I'll include pictures for you. If can be set to show an internal link to anything on the LS course that has been updated in the past few days (whatever you up there decide is the best time line to display).

Pictures-- See…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. LearningSuite app

I really think that LearningSuite needs it's own app. I know there's a section for it on the BYU app, but it's confusing, and it doesn't work well. I co-own a software development company with my brother that would be happy to build this app for you. I would love to hear your thoughts on this idea, and hopefully we can work together!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exams Page, "Status"

On the "Exams" portion of a class, it'd be extremely helpful if next to close date or actions, there was a status table. Just a simple icon to indicate whether the exam was completed or if you still have to do it. This would be especially helpful since the grades page is so glitchy.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More Grading Statistics (Standard Deviation, median, Q1, and Q3)

The new statistics section looks good! Thank you for adding that. In addition to the statistics currently given, I recommend adding a few more.

Specifically, the standard deviation and the median score would be extremely useful.

Additionally, the first and third quartile would be good to know.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It's a headache to sign in every 2 hours.

I keep 5 tabs constantly loaded on my computer, and while I'm in school, one of them is Learning Suite. But I hate that it times out every 2 hours. That basically means I have to click through the login every time I use it (after each class). I don't constantly have to sign in to Gmail every time I load the page. And that's the same behavior on all my favorite apps--once the device is trusted, it stays logged in. I would love to skip the unnecessary steps of having to approve the sign-out message and then sign back…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have a download all and/or selectable items to download in the content section, rather than just downloading things one at a time.

A download all option would be nice for content, but a selectable multiple download would be even better!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The iCalendar feed to stop listing classes and assignments as All-Day events.

The iCalendar feed would be vastly improved by listing the class at the time it was taught during the day rather than listing each class as an All-Day event. Also, it would be great if the assignments or classwork associated with each class period was included all in one event, rather than 2 or 3 separate All-Day events.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base