Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

How can we improve BYU LEARNING SUITE?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include "REPORT ABUSE" Feature in Messaging

Many of us have seen abuse of the messaging system. This can include everything from people making irrelevant small talk in a chat for the entire class down to students being bullied because of political affiliation. There are cases of students arguing and name calling in a class message thread. These things are certainly and abuse of the system and can be an abuse of individuals. Online abuse is serious and abuse of the system is annoying. It should be reported properly. Reporting would include a notification to the professor and possibly to LS admin.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      7 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Admin →
    • Only allow messages from professors or TA's

Lots of classes never use the LS messages feature but provide a tempting avenue for fellow students to spam others with requests to take endless Qualtrics surveys for other classes, annoying freshman looking for people with plans for the weekend, etc. Spam that no ones cares about but we're forced to look at thinking it might actually be something important.

It would be awesome if Learning Suite had an option in the Messages tab to only allow messages to be received from professors or TA's to ensure that only *relevant* messages get through. Please. Think of our collective sanity.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Admin →
      • Ability to leave messages (group)

Learning Suite messages often start to discuss one thing and end up talking about the most random things. Most often, messages are irrelevant for the majority of the class.
        It would be nice to have a way for a user to leave these group messages so that they don't have to deal with constant annoyance once a group message has been created.

PS: Not sure if deleting/archiving the message does something like that. If it does, how about changing the 'Delete' button to something like 'Delete and Leave message' or something more informative?

8 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Admin →
        • Add a "Mute" option or something similar to Learning Suite messages.

Sometimes people just are chatting or posting unnecessary messages on the messaging system, which go to ALL the students in the list.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)