Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide Checked Items in Prioritizer

I wish I could choose to hide assignments that I have checked off, but haven't yet been scored. I always have to scroll past assignments that I've already finished (or quizzes, etc. I missed that don't have scores) before I get to the ones I need to be working on next.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show what class an assignment belongs to

When in the combined schedule, it would be very helpful if the assignment were to show what course that assignment belongs to, as several courses have similar assignment names such as "homework 1"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assignment time to complete

It would be nice if you could record how much time it took you to complete an assignment, to help you plan for the next time you did that assignment.

This would allow you to look back and be like: dang, I didn't finish that one, or dang, it really takes 7 hours to do this, I had better put 7 hours in my schedule to work on it to get it done.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create reply to Digital Dialogue below prompt instead of in front of it

When I'm responding to a digital dialogue, I would like to refer to the prompt. However, this is difficult to do when the screen for me to type in pops up in front of the prompt. If I want to see the prompt again, I have to discard my progress. It would be better if the text box appeared below the prompt rather than in a popup in front of it. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow added assignments in prioriizer to be checked off

When I add assignments onto prioritizer, it won't allow me to check them off.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Items in the assignment listing should be buttons

Right now, all the assignments in the assignments listing are <div> elements with an onClick event assigned to them. This makes it difficult for screen readers and other accessibility tools to pick up on these items as clickable.

I have some RSI which makes it difficult for me to use a mouse or trackpad, and I use a plugin called "Vimium" to navigate my browser with vim-like keybindings. It can't detect that these are buttons, so I have to use my mouse which adds a little to my stress.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integration with Canvas

Love to see the new "Prioritizer" tab in Learning Suite. It would be great if Canvas could be linked so that assignments from classes that use Canvas would show up on the Prioritizer

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Putting grades on the home page

Put grades on the home page. It will be best. Just do it. I can work more focused on my performance in my courses and ensure that I have a well balanced education. I hate taking 5 minutes to go from page to page to write down my grades on a separate sheet of paper please just put it on the same page for crying out loud. We have automated systems, deep learning, and we can go to the moon but we can't put a summary of your grades on the home page, litterally the worst.

I sent another review…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. UI

I have worked in frontend web dev or other tech roles for over four years…..and I have never seen a UI this bad, specifically on mobile. Please revert, this is not legible at all. Fonts, colors, alignment, it’s all bad. Literally unusable on mobile. When I load in, there are 10 horizontal borders or page breakers on the screen. Why. (Screenshot attached) This will be an extreme pain for students to use. Please add some simple media queries to fix this, shouldn’t take more than an hour or two if the app was built well. Please contact if you have…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2011 called. They want their UI design back.

The new design came out 10 years too late. The ultra-thin fonts and high-contrast colors already make the site look more dated than the old view because the new view is buying super hard into design trends that have already passed. Also the tan navigation bar is just bad. The site makes your eyes work way too hard to see what's going on.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the old student view an option again

Make the old student view an option again for those of us who want the simpler version.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make the combined schedule view the default, and more mobile friendly

this is the most useful tool in all of learningsuite for students. make it the default view. the list view that shows up on mobile isn't great, and the grid view is much better

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let students change posted grades in the What If Calculator

The What If Calculator doesn't let you alter grade of assignments that instructors have already graded and posted. However, these grades are often not final, as instructors will often regrade assignments later, either because the student resubmits the assignment, the instructor give back credit, or the instructor put in an incorrect grade in the first place. Being able to adjust already posted grades in the What If Calculator allows students to get a better idea of their class standing.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow students to message each other before Instructor publishes course

Hey, this would be super great so students can set up study groups together from the beginning, split textbooks, stuff like that. Some instructors post the course so late and by then, everyone has already bought their textbooks alone and paid $500 for books they will use once

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More white space in the new layout

I have noticed with the new learning suite that while it looks nice and modern, it is harder to read the information listed because the font is so big and there isn't as much white space/spacing in between texts. The font before was easier to read visually because it wasn't spread across the entire page and in a basic black color font as well.

The spacing would especially help on exams when you are trying to read through a lot of information. More white space on the sides, between answers, font that makes it so you don't have to read…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Move the "Save and Exit" button away from the "Finish and Submit" button for online exams

I have very shaky hands and know that some day I will slip and press the "finish and submit" button when I was trying to click on "save and exit."

I'm not sure why it was changed in the new version that we students are beta-ing. It was in a great position in the previous version and gave no possibility of accidentally clicking on the wrong button. I'm sure I could email my professor for help, but why even introduce the need for that possibility if the button is moved in the first place?

I appreciate any help or consideration…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show that items are submitted

Just an observation: the beta doesn't show you that a file has been submitted if you go back to double check. Probably just a question of changing the button to show resubmit and displaying the previously uploaded file like the old version does to help paranoid souls like myself.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. combine spring-summer classes and spring classes in LS

its really quite annoying to be taking a spring-summer class and not having its tab next to my spring-only classes at the top of LS, so I have go back to all classes and then select the spring-summer. I imagine something similar happens with summer-only classes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enlargen the short answer text boxes.

Even short answer responses on tests are rarely only one line! Please make the text boxes bigger.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base