Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop using user's email in FROM field

I would consider this an urgent LearningSuite request. Please read!

When LearningSuite sends emails, it extracts the sender's email address from BYU personal information and tacks that address on to the outgoing email in the FROM and REPLY-TO fields.

A couple of years ago, this wouldn't have been a problem. However, DMARC has become more prevalent; causing LearningSuite emails to be rejected or marked as spam by the recipient's email service.

(If you don't know what DMARC is, it is essentially a filter that will catch any emails which do not come from servers within the recipient's domain. LearningSuite servers…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the Message System pop up without taking up the whole window.

When I click the message icon from the home screen of Learning Suite, the message window takes up the whole screen. I would prefer the message window to pop up in a modal format, or some other way that doesn't take up the whole screen and that loads more quickly.

Reason: Often, the messages aren't critical, and it feels like more of a distraction if I "navigate to another window" (which is what the experience feels like) and then realize the message wasn't important and I have to "navigate back". Perhaps the message could open up in a "chat" format…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A thought to make the Course List / Schedule / Announcements Flow a tiny bit less confusing...

- The Course List has data for Past / Current / Future courses while
    - (as far as I can tell), Schedule and Announcements both only contain information for Current courses. That gets confusing when you click on "future" to get information about upcoming courses for the new semester (as it's not the current semester) and then when you hit Schedule or Announcements you get blanks (as I believe they only show info for Current courses--but that's not clear).

On the Announcements / Schedule, explicity state in the center of the blank screen, "You have no current courses." If you…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base