Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It's a headache to sign in every 2 hours.

I keep 5 tabs constantly loaded on my computer, and while I'm in school, one of them is Learning Suite. But I hate that it times out every 2 hours. That basically means I have to click through the login every time I use it (after each class). I don't constantly have to sign in to Gmail every time I load the page. And that's the same behavior on all my favorite apps--once the device is trusted, it stays logged in. I would love to skip the unnecessary steps of having to approve the sign-out message and then sign back…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd love to be able to access more semesters than just the last two. To see old assignments, look at submissions you've made, etc.

I'd love to be able to access more semesters than just the last two. To see old assignments, look at submissions you've made, teacher's powerpoints, resources, etc.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A "Turn Off Notifications" Feature

I get a lot of messages that do not apply to me. I actually need to know if I have relevant messages in my inbox from TA's but close to 75% of the notifications I get are from people who are asking for notes and then all the replies of "I need them too!" or "The syllabus says don't do that" etc. I would like to be able to simply not receive notifications from those messages so I know if my TA's or professors have actually shared relevant information with me.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the message notification bubble clickable

It's a small programming error, but the html element for the message bubble is not clickable. Because of the size of the envelope in comparison to the bubble, I tend to click on the bubble most of the time. This does not send me to the messages page because the message bubble has no javascript click binding attached to it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mobile Phone: Grid Schedule

BYU's learning suite combined calendar is a helpful tool. On mobile devices when the grid - calendar is selected, but when I try to scroll down to see the rest of the grid, it switches back to "list mode". Please fix this!

A previous request was made for this fix, but it was declined. If you aren't going to fix it, then removed the "grid combined calendar" option for mobile phones. Currently it is unusable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow assignment submissions via Cloud services (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)

Canvas has that really nice feature that fetches assignments directly from cloud services. That'd be really nice.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add keyboard shortcuts

The current click-based UI slows down effectiveness. If there were more robust keyboard shortcuts to navigate and interact with Learning Suite my college experience would be entirely revolutionized.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Headers in Chronological Order

It would be great to be able to reorder the headers into chronological order instead of alphabetical order. This would also be a fantastic feature in the grid view of the combined schedule, so it was like an actual calendar of my schedule.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Extremely clear warning that the exam is about to end.

A clear statement such as "This is the end of the exam. Are you sure you want to submit," would be useful to avoid submitting exams prematurely by mistake.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. LearningSuite app

I really think that LearningSuite needs it's own app. I know there's a section for it on the BYU app, but it's confusing, and it doesn't work well. I co-own a software development company with my brother that would be happy to build this app for you. I would love to hear your thoughts on this idea, and hopefully we can work together!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show all TA open lab hours in a weekly schedule format.

All of the TAs open lab hours are listed beneath their names, but it would be more helpful to see the list in a weekly calendar format. Sometimes a student doesn't care which TA has which hours, they just want to know if there will be a TA in the open lab before they make the trip to campus. If a class has multiple TAs in multiple places, then the system can sort by the room location of the office hours.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the section number of the class onto LS.

In essays and so forth you sometimes have to put your section number on the assignment. It would be much more convenient if the number was under the name on each tab. Example: "ECON 110" with "sec 002" right underneath it with smaller characters . You could also add it on the "All Courses" tab under "Course List." One or both of these would be more convenient and probably very easy to do.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Assignment due email reminder

It think it would be useful to add an option of receiving an email reminder one day before an assignment is due.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create Repeating Events in Calendar

There needs to be a way to create a repeating event in the combined calendar for things that teachers haven't put there. I want to, for example, put that I have an online math assignment due every tuesday and thursday rather than have to type it in on each day, each week.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Link or view of Professor's personal class websites

I really hate it when Professor's choose to have their own website for their classes. The ideal solution would be to require all Professor's to use learning suite (It get's messy when three classes are on Learning Suite and the other two are on their own websites).

Since it is likely not possible to require this, it would be really nice to have Learning Suite accommodations.

Option #1 (Easier)
    Since the Learning Suite is often not published when a Professor has an external website, it would be very helpful to at least link to the external website when you click…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Combined grades and Cumulative GPA

Just like the combined schedule that is on learning suite, it would be great if there was a list of current grades in each class and a current cumulative GPA. It can be very tedious to do it through the GPA calculator

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. For Grading: Add a button next to "Score" that fills in a 100%

I'm a TA grader. Oftentimes, students will get a 100%, or close to that, so having to type in a number for every student takes longer than it could. For example, if the Assignment is out of 50 points, then next to where it says ___ / 50, just add a button that would fill in 50 in the box.

I've attached an image of a rough mockup

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have a "sent history" on the email tab so that I can look back at past messages I have sent.

I'd like to be able to look back on the emails I've sent through Learning Suite for things like drafted emails that were never sent, emails I have sent, and emails that might not have gone through.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Letter Grade Under Assignments

Post letter grade along with percentage under Assignments under Grades like it is under What If Calculator.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the My Courses ribbon also show the course names

As I get nearer to the end of my BYU experience, I have more and more courses that all come from the same department, which can get confusing. It would be nice if the My Courses ribbon listed the course names (or let me add something), so I can keep things organized in my head!

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories