Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

How can we improve BYU LEARNING SUITE?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop using user's email in FROM field

I would consider this an urgent LearningSuite request. Please read!

When LearningSuite sends emails, it extracts the sender's email address from BYU personal information and tacks that address on to the outgoing email in the FROM and REPLY-TO fields.

A couple of years ago, this wouldn't have been a problem. However, DMARC has become more prevalent; causing LearningSuite emails to be rejected or marked as spam by the recipient's email service.

(If you don't know what DMARC is, it is essentially a filter that will catch any emails which do not come from servers within the recipient's domain. LearningSuite servers…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Retake Quizzes for Practice

It would be nice if we could retake quizzes for practice. It won't go towards our grade, but we can take the quiz just like normal as a way to study for tests. It could be an option that the professor can choose to enable.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'd love to be able to access more semesters than just the last two. To see old assignments, look at submissions you've made, etc.

I'd love to be able to access more semesters than just the last two. To see old assignments, look at submissions you've made, teacher's powerpoints, resources, etc.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Selecting a category in mobile should open up the list of subcategories, not load the page for the first subcategory listed

As it stands, it is rather unintuitive to have to wait for the first subcategory to load when it is rarely the subcategory I actually want. It would make more sense if when I selected the "content" tab in mobile or half window desktop it opened the list of subcategories allowing me to select from there rather than waiting for "syllabus" to load and then having to go back to "content" to select "exam keys".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Don't automatically switch combined schedule to list view

When I make my window smaller (like if I have two windows each taking up half my screen), the combined schedule is automatically switched to list mode. I hate this. grid mode works just fine in a smaller window.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatically create a to-do list based off of assignments

Have a to do list that the student can edit. They should be able to edit completion time, add assignments/readings, take away assignments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show Due Time on Grade Section

It would be good if it can not only show due date but also the due time. I have been tricked by cases where a particular assignment has the same due date but a earlier due time and not able to submit the assignments on time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. View quizzes without correct answers highlighted

Helpful study aid to go back and review the quizzes without being given the answer automatically, because the quiz was already taken.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the Message System pop up without taking up the whole window.

When I click the message icon from the home screen of Learning Suite, the message window takes up the whole screen. I would prefer the message window to pop up in a modal format, or some other way that doesn't take up the whole screen and that loads more quickly.

Reason: Often, the messages aren't critical, and it feels like more of a distraction if I "navigate to another window" (which is what the experience feels like) and then realize the message wasn't important and I have to "navigate back". Perhaps the message could open up in a "chat" format…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show if assignment has been submitted already

When you submit an assignment through Learning Suite, have a green check or something similar appear so you don't have to click on it again to see if you have already submitted an assignment or not.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Onscreen icon to show when there are Saturday/Sunday items not showing

Small, but
    (1) for those that have these items, it would probably be a blessing to not need to hit 7 days every time (making it a persistent changed setting would also change it for this group), but
    (2) for those who don't regularly have Saturday items so it's more of a surprise (so they probably won't have changed the setting out of a desire to keep screen real estate).

The notification could just be a small red exclamation point or something similar on the right side of the screen at the top of the calendar. *Hovering* would have a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have an "available offline" option

Sometimes on/off campus there is not accessible internet connection (BOTTOM OF JFSB *cough*). It would be nice if the information in Learning Suite could still be accessed offline so that a student doesn't need to wander around their building until they have a wi-fi signal strong enough to last until they have their information open.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Exam information

Show the number of questions on online exams or quizzes so we know before starting about how long it might take.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. stats

Currently, there is a way to view stats for individual assignments, quizzes, exams, etc. There should be a way to view stats for all sections of the class. For instance, how am I doing on the in-class quizzes compared to the class? What about for the written homework? Right now I can only find stats for individual assignments or my overall grade in the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. E-mail Recipient Warning

I've sent e-mails to the class before without realizing I had no recipients selected. Can I get a warning if I have no subject or recipient? Where do recipient-less emails even go?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. name change

My name at the top is my maiden name - I would like my married name to appear and I have changed it in BYU's system

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View score of multiple choice separate from Written

When you finish an exam (with both multiple choice and written responces) it currently shows the score of multiple choice questions with the TOTAL number of points possible. This makes the score appear much lower because the written responses are not yet graded.
    Allow the final score to appear such as : Multiple choice 37/40. Written responses ?/60 .
    rather than currently: 37/100

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View previous exam answers when multiple submissions are allowed.

When you complete submit an exam that allows multiple submissions it takes you back to the main exam page (with the "Start Exam Now" button). When you click to start it again you get a blank exam, so you either need to save your answers outside LS (generally a good idea anyway) or you start over. It would be nice to (1) see the answers you submitted after submitting the exam and (2) be able to see and edit your old answers when re-starting an exam.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base