Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to submit assignments in Learning Suite through the BYU app

Just a quick little fix. If you could submit assignments through to Learning Suite the BYU mobile app that would be awesome!

Sometimes for my classes I need to submit a picture of something and it would be so nice to be able to upload straight from my phone instead of having to email it to myself and then submitting it from my computer

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make combined schedule the default

i personally think the combined schedule grid layout tab is by far the most useful feature for all of learningsuite, and should be the default home page for every student (people who don't want this as their default home page could change this back to course list). I personally have met dozens of my peers who don't even know this feature exists, or how to use it (especially the checkbox capability). - even though it is a huge productivity booster and helps me make sure I never miss any assignments. My suggestion is to make it the automatic default home…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Variable playback speed for videos

Professors often times (especially now with Covid-19 causing online-only learning) post videos to the content tab of learning suite. It would be nice to have a variable playback speed feature when watching these videos in learningsuite. Being able to speed up the video if the professor is speaking really slow, or slow down the video if the professor is speaking too fast, would be helpful. I currently have to download the video to speed up the video playback. I don't want to have to download large videos all the time to watch at a different speed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The bottom bar, on firefox, is stuck in the middle of the page.

It's smack dab in the middle of the page, every time. On the assignments tab, on the schedule tab. Everywhere. It covers up important info that I can't get to until I switch to chrome

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dark Mode

It would be great to have LS have a dark mode that you can set to activate at certain times or when it becomes night. That way it can avoid strain on the eyes when it's after hours.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Incorporate Microsoft Teams

It would be awesome if Microsoft Teams were integrated into Learning Suite. It would make group work so much easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make a dark themed version

I feel like it would just look a lot better, maybe an option to turn it on/off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add drag and drop support to file submission

When submitting a file, we currently have to click submit, choose file, and go find the folder where the file is located. It would be awesome to be able to drag and drop a file into the submission box instead, like google drive does for uploads.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. learningsuite url

Change Learning Suite URL from learningsuite.byu.edu to ls.byu.edu (thats LS), or at least link ls.byu.edu to learningsuite.byu.edu. This would make going to learning suite much faster.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have the ability to disable the "Statistics" button

Learning Suite should implement the ability to disable the statistics button for those who do not want to be compared with other students. Circumstances that factor into how well students do in their classes differ from student to student and it is of no benefit to see that you are not "doing well" compared to other students when you have a red bar that is lower than someone else's. This function does not prepare you to do better on standardized tests which only focuses on skill, not class rank. Rather, this function tells you that if you are doing better…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Put word count on digital dialogue

In the comment text box on the digital dialogue page, it should have an option to see your current word count. That should also update as you type.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give TAs option to select student view as default

As a student, I MUCH prefer the student view over the instructor view, especially with the easy access to the combined schedule. I wish I had the option to change the default view back to student view instead of instructor view. Also, I still have instructor view even though I'm no longer a TA. I just want my beloved student view back and defaulted. :(

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stay signed in between mobile sessions

Every time I close and reopen my mobile browser, the cookies from my previous session have been cleared and I have to sign into Learning Suite all over again. The "stay signed in" checkbox is not displaying for me, and the CAS login screen redirects to Learning Suite home after a successful login before my browser's "save password?" dialog can run, so there is no way to even save my password, let alone stay signed in. I'm using the current version of the Chrome mobile browser for Samsung phones, if you want to recreate the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. View ALL past classes

As of this date, you are allowed to view your past courses from exactly one year back. Currently we are in Winter 2020, meaning I can see Fall 2019 (the semester we just finished), Spring and Summer, and back to Winter 2019. However, I was attempting to look back at some Powerpoint slides from Fall 2018 (just over 1 year ago) and it doesn't show up. This feature would be nice for upperclassmen like myself trying to studying for the MCAT who have been here at BYU longer than 1 year...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ease of use for assignment details

When clicking on an assignment, the window for assignment details would be easier to work with if clicking anywhere outside the box would close the window -- currently, it's bothersome to click (or tap -- this would especially make things easier for phone use) "close" or the x in the top right corner

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow for editing graded assignments on What If Calculator

When an assignment receives a grade in learning suite, then you can't edit it in the What If Calculator. Sometimes teachers put in temporary grades and then you can't use the what if calculator accurately. Or maybe there was a problem with the grading and you want to see how much your overall grade would be improved if you got some points back.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It's a headache to sign in every 2 hours.

I keep 5 tabs constantly loaded on my computer, and while I'm in school, one of them is Learning Suite. But I hate that it times out every 2 hours. That basically means I have to click through the login every time I use it (after each class). I don't constantly have to sign in to Gmail every time I load the page. And that's the same behavior on all my favorite apps--once the device is trusted, it stays logged in. I would love to skip the unnecessary steps of having to approve the sign-out message and then sign back…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Email "all" in a community

I would like to be able to email the whole community (class) but I have to check each individual manually. Could you add a "select all" button that would auto check all the boxes?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Visual Cue of Courses I'm Auditing

It would be nice to have the tab of the course(s) I'm auditing a different color or some other representation to know that I'm auditing that course. Can't really tell that I'm auditing a course other than remembering

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories