Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

How can we improve BYU LEARNING SUITE?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show if assignment has been submitted already

When you submit an assignment through Learning Suite, have a green check or something similar appear so you don't have to click on it again to see if you have already submitted an assignment or not.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have an "available offline" option

Sometimes on/off campus there is not accessible internet connection (BOTTOM OF JFSB *cough*). It would be nice if the information in Learning Suite could still be accessed offline so that a student doesn't need to wander around their building until they have a wi-fi signal strong enough to last until they have their information open.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Highlight changes that the professor makes so that they are easy to find

I was working with the CourseSites.com Blackboard webpage that we are using for the organizations until Community Spaces are available, and I saw a feature that is really nice for students and would solve the question--How do students know if something has been updated? The feature was a "What's New" box on the Dashboard of the course. I'll include pictures for you. If can be set to show an internal link to anything on the LS course that has been updated in the past few days (whatever you up there decide is the best time line to display).

Pictures-- See…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Syllabus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exams Page, "Status"

On the "Exams" portion of a class, it'd be extremely helpful if next to close date or actions, there was a status table. Just a simple icon to indicate whether the exam was completed or if you still have to do it. This would be especially helpful since the grades page is so glitchy.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring me to the login page when my session has expired

When my session has expired (i.e., when I have been inactive on learning suite for too long), I would like to be redirected to the login page when I click on something rather than get a generic error message that says that something is wrong.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Onscreen icon to show when there are Saturday/Sunday items not showing

Small, but
    (1) for those that have these items, it would probably be a blessing to not need to hit 7 days every time (making it a persistent changed setting would also change it for this group), but
    (2) for those who don't regularly have Saturday items so it's more of a surprise (so they probably won't have changed the setting out of a desire to keep screen real estate).

The notification could just be a small red exclamation point or something similar on the right side of the screen at the top of the calendar. *Hovering* would have a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Exam information

Show the number of questions on online exams or quizzes so we know before starting about how long it might take.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. What If calculator for GPA

Using our current GPA, allow us to enter hypothetical grades for each class and calculate our new GPA.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Backpack

Create a "Learning Suite Backpack" that would facilitate dumping all LS course files under Assignments and Content onto a flash drive or specific location on a hard drive. I have noticed that I have downloaded the same 80mb file multiple times from one course just so I could access it on different computers. But if a feature like this were added I would only have to initiate one, one-time download at the beginning of the semester in order to have ready access to all my Learning Suite materials. Also, it might be stretching things a bit, but a sync feature…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I'd love to be able to access more semesters than just the last two. To see old assignments, look at submissions you've made, etc.

I'd love to be able to access more semesters than just the last two. To see old assignments, look at submissions you've made, teacher's powerpoints, resources, etc.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. View previous exam answers when multiple submissions are allowed.

When you complete submit an exam that allows multiple submissions it takes you back to the main exam page (with the "Start Exam Now" button). When you click to start it again you get a blank exam, so you either need to save your answers outside LS (generally a good idea anyway) or you start over. It would be nice to (1) see the answers you submitted after submitting the exam and (2) be able to see and edit your old answers when re-starting an exam.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. View quizzes without correct answers highlighted

Helpful study aid to go back and review the quizzes without being given the answer automatically, because the quiz was already taken.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Connect learning suite messages to the app and send push notifications

Connect the messaging to the learning suite app and. Send push notifications so that we can know when we have messages

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let students make blog posts under "Digital Dialog"

Right now students can only respond to blog posts. In my BIO130 class we have to email the TA our blog posts and she has to upload them one by one onto Learning Suite instead of each student being able to post their own.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. name change

My name at the top is my maiden name - I would like my married name to appear and I have changed it in BYU's system

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Retake Quizzes for Practice

It would be nice if we could retake quizzes for practice. It won't go towards our grade, but we can take the quiz just like normal as a way to study for tests. It could be an option that the professor can choose to enable.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Print button for assignments both graded/non-graded

Allow the users to print the list of assignments for the class, along with the associated student score, max score, and due date.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dashboard

I don't know if this is already possible, but there should be a way to view past posts on dashboard. Sometimes my professors post review material for tests on the dashboard, but as soon as the date passes I can't view it anymore.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base