Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

How can we improve BYU LEARNING SUITE?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Learning Suite UI

Learning Suite could use a flat, more function oriented and understandable design. I find myself searching though pages for content that could be presented in a more readable/presentable way. I'd go as far as to say that Learning Suite is hard to look at. Reference http://google.com/design or more specifically take a look at what they did with Google Classroom http://youtu.be/K26iyyQMp_g
    NOTE: This would help immensely Learning Suite's navigation problems.

335 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When you click on an Exam or Assignment have it take you to the actual Exam/Assignment instead of the Exam List

Currently, when you click on an Assignment or click the "Take Exam" Button, it will redirect you to the Exam List. You then have to find your assignment again and then it will take you to the screen where you can actually start your exam. It would be preferable(and more intuitive) if it took you straight to the "Start Exam" screen.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Learning Suite Mobile Compatible

Currently learningsuite.byu.edu works poorly on mobile devices. The messaging center is completely useless. Options on the left side of the the screen are not clickable. The calendar system has horrible formatting to the point of not being usable. Whoever is responsible for the development of the website need to test the site on mobile. Not everyone has a laptop. Recently I have had to make do without one as mine is being repaired. It's been impossible for me to be informed about changes in my classes because they can only notify me through learningsuite and even if I got an…

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use static URL's for pages

Using a different URL for each class/tab/sidebar would help solve the issue of multiple tabs open at once, would let students middle click links and have them work correctly, and allow teachers to link directly to assignments or posts from anywhere on the web.
    Right now the URL's are just absolutely useless. They don't even link back to the same page you are on. Learning Suite is in its own world of the internet where you always have to start at the highest level and work your way down one slow loading page at a time. Sometimes the old way…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To Do list.

It would be nice if on the home page there was a to-do list of assignments needing to be completed for say...two weeks out. Then as you complete them the are removed from the list. That way students can more effectively get all their work done and not miss any assignments. No more sifting through each class looking for what is due.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make a chat system within Learning Suite

Live chat would be very useful for Group Projects or questions for the TA

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Section identification

On my course list I can see what class I am taking (ex: German 344 Phonetics) but I cannot see which section I am. I can always go to My MAP and get it, but it'd be nice to add that in there as well.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The option to link the new schedule calender with Google Calendar

It would be great to have the option of linking the all course schedule calendar with Google Calendar. It would be a lot easier since both Android and Apple already use Google Calendar and the notifications and reminders will automatically appear on your phone, tablet, or computer. Less things to check and better use of time than checking multiple applications for the day to day task.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Highlight and scroll to the current or next class date on the schedule upon loading

Every time I view the schedule I have to repeat the following steps to highlight the current or next class day:

1) I first try clicking the "Go to today" link (which I have to scroll to get to...).

2) If that doesn't work, then I have to look at the calendar and manually figure out when the next class day is and click on it.

Then I can finally see what the next things in the class are, as that day's row turns yellow.

It would be nice if the current or next class day was highlighted and scrolled…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rather than require students to upload their assignments as a PDF/DOC, let them just type their response into a textbox.

This would make grading WAY faster. TAs wouldn't have to download an attachment for each student. They would just see the student's response right there. Let the professor set a maximum word count for the response.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Post all homework/assignments/test due(within 2 weeks) on the first page of learning Suite.

I think it would be useful to have the assignments of what I need to complete on the home screen. That way you have a master calendar of all assignments tab, but also a quick view of what is the most recent and important. Instead of it being a calendar it would simply list the class, homework assignment, due date. And once you complete the assignment you click to mark it complete and it disappears. If it is a learning suite activity then submit the assignment and once you go back to the home screen it is not listed there.…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Mark all as read" button in Messages

In the new messages app add a button for us that use email notifications that can "mark all as read."

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the left navigation of at least the "content" tab have its own scroll bar.

Okay, so whenever i am trying to look at a powerpoint for a lecture late in the course lets say class 19, I need to scroll down to click on "lecture slides for class 19" then i see nothing in the content section of the web page. I then have to scroll up to see the actual file posted.

I propose that a scroll bar be added to the left navigation, so that when the content portion of the page loads, that you will already see the top of the content section of the webpage

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve schedule calendar

The calendar that has been implemented is nice, but it is not at all as useful as being able to see the whole semester separated by months. You guys almost got it this time. I want to be able to see a full month that contains the assignments for each class on the day that they are due. I then want to be able to scroll through the months.

And when I hover over or click on the assignment, I would like to be able to interact with the assignment as I would if I were on that assignment's page.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove Automatic Log Off

Remove the log off due to "inactivity". I like to keep my learning suite open in order to check requirements, etc. while I study. However, the automatic log off makes it very inconvenient. What exactly am I worried about that I need auto log off? Am I afraid that someone will submit assignments for me? Worried they might check my class schedule?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Submit multiple files in one assignment link

As both a student and a TA, I would really appreciate if more than one file could be submitted in an assignment link so all of them could be uploaded to turn in and then downloaded to grade from one place. Essentially, this would look like attachments to an email.

For the classes I TA, I had to set up a class email for my students to submit their tax returns (which are on several different forms) because that was the easiest way to see all of their work at once.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please let me see courses from farther back than two semesters!

Please let me see courses from farther back than two semesters! I took a POGP class, and I really would love to see the PowerPoint slides!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow us to access classes that are Waitlisted

Give me the ability from the "My Courses" page to view classes that I am on the wait list for.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show total score and percent for each category of the class overall grade

Many teachers break up the grades for different assignments, projects, tests, quizzes, etc. into different categories of various weights. We can see the weight of each category, but not the individual percent earned or totals in each category. It would be very helpful to be able to see both.

For example, in a "homework section" worth 25% of the overall grade it could say,

192/200 points (the total of all points earned/points available)
    96% (percent for this one category)
    24%/25% of weighted grade (the amount of the weighted grade earned by the given category)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Back to Blue

The purple gradient on the nav. bar is irritating. I suggest you make it blue again.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base