Let students customize their view

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminBYU Learning Suite (BYU Learning Suite, BYU LEARNING SUITE) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there was more freedom to customize the navigation bar at the top of the LearningSuite home page. Some ideas include:

- Allowing individuals to rename courses. When you take a lot of courses in the same department, you constantly have to sort through a list of nearly identical course names (such as HIST 200, HIST 201, HIST 220, etc.) to get to the page for the correct course. Allowing students to rename these pages more intuitively (such as "World Civ", "Hist Craft", etc.) would reduce confusion and promote efficiency among students.

- Allowing students to color-code the tabs for different classes could also promote organization.

- Even simply allowing students to adjust the order in which class tabs are displayed would be helpful!

• Colton Pitcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I rather like the idea of having a personal background on learning suite that appears on the homepage. My wife uses BYU Idaho's brain honey and that is one of the options. It looks awesome and would add a nice homey touch to an otherwise sterile page.

Student Side

Feedback and Knowledge Base