How can we improve BYU LEARNING SUITE?

A thought to make the Course List / Schedule / Announcements Flow a tiny bit less confusing...

- The Course List has data for Past / Current / Future courses while
- (as far as I can tell), Schedule and Announcements both only contain information for Current courses. That gets confusing when you click on "future" to get information about upcoming courses for the new semester (as it's not the current semester) and then when you hit Schedule or Announcements you get blanks (as I believe they only show info for Current courses--but that's not clear).

On the Announcements / Schedule, explicity state in the center of the blank screen, "You have no current courses." If you want to be a tiny bit playful, you could add underneath that line, "(And hence no Announcements. :)". Right now it just isn't clear that (a) it's drawing from your current courses, even if on your course list you were viewing future or past and (b) so it's not clear that you don't have any announcements for upcoming classes (which I do). Note: If someone does have current courses, it should be *fairly* obvious to them that they are seeing announcements from the current courses and not future (though there might still be a way to show that).

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matthew Sheets shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon