How can we improve BYU LEARNING SUITE?

Add your own "Course" on the schedule

I love the new schedule layout with all the courses down the side and the days of the week across the top! But I currently have (and have had in the past) professor who don't use learning suite. I like that you can add your own notes etc to the schedule and I propose a similar idea. It would be awesome if you could add your own "course" to the schedule. Just an option to create another additional row at the bottom or something and you can just add in your own text the same way that you can for the classes that are already there. This would be great for those classes that don't use learning suite, but also it would be a great way to keep track of extra curricular's.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jessica StevensonJessica Stevenson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthew SheetsMatthew Sheets commented  · 

Currently, if a course is unpublished, you just have to add items to another class. It would be huge if, even before it is published, a class had a row on the combined schedule.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Make the combined schedule easily printable and allow for a space for planning.

Just wanting to wake this thread up from its two-year slumber. Was this a part of the original design, at least having a blank row for classes that were not published for this explicit purpose? Still an issue that definitely exists.

If a course is then published, any user-generated 'assignments' should just be added to whatever is published for the course.

Love it. ;) Probably:
        (1) classes that aren't using LS should still have a row, but just with an indication that there is nothing published in LS (so that students don't think something is wrong or not realize that information is being posted elsewhere).
        (2) Wouldn't it be great if other organizations could have a feed here for one easy stop..... :)
        (3) I think that one 'Personal' row, with the possiblealternative of adding multiple rows (for doing the extracurricular things discussed above) could be great.

• Joshua CannonJoshua Cannon commented  · 

This is exactly what I need. Some professors just don't use learningsuite, so I'd like to put their calendars alongside the ones that are already done for me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base