How can we improve BYU LEARNING SUITE?

Let students make blog posts under "Digital Dialog"

Right now students can only respond to blog posts. In my BIO130 class we have to email the TA our blog posts and she has to upload them one by one onto Learning Suite instead of each student being able to post their own.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Amy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matthew Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also would help to cutdown on rumors about assignments and perhaps even inappropriate discussion of quizzes or exams that professors do not want students talking about. It changes the source of questions from being other students to being the ones who originally assigned it. I really think it would cut down on redundant discussion and would help restore the professors and TAs as the authorities on assignments. The UI definitely will take some thinking, but I think it could have at least:
    - general updates/posts
    - asked questsons with answers from prof/TAs
    - questions purposefully posed by prof/TAs

• Brandon Bassett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would allow for students to discuss homework, seek advice or feedback from others students (and TA's, and Professors), provide a location to set up study groups/working groups, and provide resources for answering questions that can be searched through throughout the semester for study purposes. All, of course, keeping in line with the honor code (no cheating/sharing answers).

• Matthew Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are always a million questions for large assignments (Especially finals) and it would be great if instead of needing to go back and forth over email, students could post and group questions associated with a given test or assignment that professors could then answer. That QA spot would become the authority on updated information for assignments and tests and make it so that professors only have to answer questions once--something that I think they'd love.

Student Side: Content

Feedback and Knowledge Base