How can we improve BYU LEARNING SUITE?

Learning Suite Quizzes Should Save Automatically!!! (Or at least have a save button)

In the days of Gmail, when you can't got three seconds without your email draft being saved, how hard can it be to have Learning Suite save your work as you go?

Even if that is for some reason too complicated, couldn't we at least add a save button? I've had Learning Suite lose my work 4 times now when I click submit. Do you know how frustrating that is on a short answer quiz? It is possibly the most demoralizing feeling one could have, next to the emotions I felt when waking up this morning and seeing the ground covered in snow.

Today, I filled out a questionnaire about one of my classes, giving my honest and thoughtful feedback. When I clicked submit, Learning Suite deleted all of my work, and I had very little time left (it was a timed exam), not to mention the feeling of indifference after my work was deleted (whose to say that wouldn't happen again?), so for all of the questions I submitted, "Learning Suite ate my responses, and I don't have the time or energy to redo this quiz." How is my professor going to feel when he could have gotten some honest, helpful feedback about his class, and instead it's Learning Suite's fault that he is deprived of that? What if that happens to everyone? Then he'll have wasted our time, as well as his. Even worse is when this happens on exams that affect our grades. It causes frustration from the students and professors, not to mention much wasted time. This problem needs to be fixed.

Where is the save button? Can we please get that added? Or better yet, pull a Gmail and auto save your work? I know I'm not the only one that has lost their work due to this issue.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mark Larsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Autosave option!!!

I am SO tired of losing my messages. It really has screwed me over so many times. Why doesn't it autosave?

Student Side: Exams

Feedback and Knowledge Base