Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BRING BACK FULL MONTH VIEW OF COMBINED SCHEDULE ASAP PLEASE

I turned on Learning Suite today to look at my Combined Schedule, and noticed it had changed, and no longer supported a full month view of the schedule, it only allowed for a 5-day view or 7-day view. I always use the Combined Schedule to plan out my future weeks, and I hate having to click through weeks to figure out what's going on, I just want a monthly overview. Please change this back ASAP.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd love to be able to access more semesters than just the last two. To see old assignments, look at submissions you've made, etc.

I'd love to be able to access more semesters than just the last two. To see old assignments, look at submissions you've made, teacher's powerpoints, resources, etc.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Different colors for submitting exam buttons

Have different colors for the submit and next question buttons.

Have confirmation like " Are you sure you want to submit this exam?"

I clicked the wrong button after the first exam and it submitted! Got a really bad score on that one!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Learning Suite Quizzes Should Save Automatically!!! (Or at least have a save button)

In the days of Gmail, when you can't got three seconds without your email draft being saved, how hard can it be to have Learning Suite save your work as you go?

Even if that is for some reason too complicated, couldn't we at least add a save button? I've had Learning Suite lose my work 4 times now when I click submit. Do you know how frustrating that is on a short answer quiz? It is possibly the most demoralizing feeling one could have, next to the emotions I felt when waking up this morning and seeing the ground…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add keyboard shortcuts

The current click-based UI slows down effectiveness. If there were more robust keyboard shortcuts to navigate and interact with Learning Suite my college experience would be entirely revolutionized.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assignment due email reminder

It think it would be useful to add an option of receiving an email reminder one day before an assignment is due.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow assignment submissions via Cloud services (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)

Canvas has that really nice feature that fetches assignments directly from cloud services. That'd be really nice.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make the exam list sortable

Under the exams tab, currently the exams and quizzes are sorted by when they are posted. It would be great if we had the option to sort them by when they are due.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A "Turn Off Notifications" Feature

I get a lot of messages that do not apply to me. I actually need to know if I have relevant messages in my inbox from TA's but close to 75% of the notifications I get are from people who are asking for notes and then all the replies of "I need them too!" or "The syllabus says don't do that" etc. I would like to be able to simply not receive notifications from those messages so I know if my TA's or professors have actually shared relevant information with me.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stick With Non-Italicized Text

The new italicized text in Learning Suite looks terrible. Let's go back to the standard.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Onscreen icon to show when there are Saturday/Sunday items not showing

Small, but
    (1) for those that have these items, it would probably be a blessing to not need to hit 7 days every time (making it a persistent changed setting would also change it for this group), but
    (2) for those who don't regularly have Saturday items so it's more of a surprise (so they probably won't have changed the setting out of a desire to keep screen real estate).

The notification could just be a small red exclamation point or something similar on the right side of the screen at the top of the calendar. *Hovering* would have a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. No more comparisons!

I don't understand the need for a comparison button. I have gone my whole schooling career without ever knowing how I compared to everyone else in the class, and you know what? I've been fine! Pride begins with comparisons, and not to mention the low self-esteem one receives when they've done worse than everyone else in the class. I'm disappointed with BYU and the standards it stands for if it has pride-promoting buttons next to every single assignment. Please remove this! It does more damage than it's worth!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Exam information

Show the number of questions on online exams or quizzes so we know before starting about how long it might take.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Backpack

Create a "Learning Suite Backpack" that would facilitate dumping all LS course files under Assignments and Content onto a flash drive or specific location on a hard drive. I have noticed that I have downloaded the same 80mb file multiple times from one course just so I could access it on different computers. But if a feature like this were added I would only have to initiate one, one-time download at the beginning of the semester in order to have ready access to all my Learning Suite materials. Also, it might be stretching things a bit, but a sync feature…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Clean Printout of Schedule

When I want to print out the schedule for my class folder (hard copy), the print preview includes the tabs and other items that makes the printout messy.
    It would be great to have button that creates a printer friendly version of a class schedule, without the tabs and navigation buttons.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  5 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Retake Quizzes for Practice

It would be nice if we could retake quizzes for practice. It won't go towards our grade, but we can take the quiz just like normal as a way to study for tests. It could be an option that the professor can choose to enable.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. View previous exam answers when multiple submissions are allowed.

When you complete submit an exam that allows multiple submissions it takes you back to the main exam page (with the "Start Exam Now" button). When you click to start it again you get a blank exam, so you either need to save your answers outside LS (generally a good idea anyway) or you start over. It would be nice to (1) see the answers you submitted after submitting the exam and (2) be able to see and edit your old answers when re-starting an exam.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View quizzes without correct answers highlighted

Helpful study aid to go back and review the quizzes without being given the answer automatically, because the quiz was already taken.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base