Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wrap text in Schedule List

When you look at the schedule for all of the classes, it is inconvenient to have to scroll right and left to see the longer assignment listings. It would be much nicer for the text to wrap, so to speak, so that there would be no need to scroll right to see the text.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connect learning suite messages to the app and send push notifications

Connect the messaging to the learning suite app and. Send push notifications so that we can know when we have messages

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a system clock at the top

There's a deadline paired with assignments that is set to a specific time of day (e.g. 11:59 pm). However, there is no indicator anywhere that shows what time it currently is in the LearningSuite server system. For all I know it could be two minutes faster or slower than what I have on my watch/phone/laptop. Having a clock displayed relative to the system would help prevent last-minute issues

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let students make blog posts under "Digital Dialog"

Right now students can only respond to blog posts. In my BIO130 class we have to email the TA our blog posts and she has to upload them one by one onto Learning Suite instead of each student being able to post their own.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create Repeating Events in Calendar

There needs to be a way to create a repeating event in the combined calendar for things that teachers haven't put there. I want to, for example, put that I have an online math assignment due every tuesday and thursday rather than have to type it in on each day, each week.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. name change

My name at the top is my maiden name - I would like my married name to appear and I have changed it in BYU's system

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have the combined schedule default to 7 days showing after chosen

Duplicate:
    1. Log in to Learning Suite
    2. Click on combined schedule
    3. Click on 7 days to show 7 days (top right corner)

After I log out or move pages and then go back to the combined schedule, I would like it to have stayed on showing the 7 days, rather than going back to 5 days and always reclicking on 7 days.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Headers in Chronological Order

It would be great to be able to reorder the headers into chronological order instead of alphabetical order. This would also be a fantastic feature in the grid view of the combined schedule, so it was like an actual calendar of my schedule.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Half points on grades round up

If an assignment has a half point, the score will round up. If you click the stats it will show you the real grade. You should show the real grade in the main grades list.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Selecting a category in mobile should open up the list of subcategories, not load the page for the first subcategory listed

As it stands, it is rather unintuitive to have to wait for the first subcategory to load when it is rarely the subcategory I actually want. It would make more sense if when I selected the "content" tab in mobile or half window desktop it opened the list of subcategories allowing me to select from there rather than waiting for "syllabus" to load and then having to go back to "content" to select "exam keys".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Extremely clear warning that the exam is about to end.

A clear statement such as "This is the end of the exam. Are you sure you want to submit," would be useful to avoid submitting exams prematurely by mistake.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Accept Mac .pages extension for document uploads

Assignment uploads currently only accept Microsoft Word and PDF documents. This means Pages (Apple's equivalent of Word) documents have to be converted/exported as Microsoft Word or PDF documents before the assignments can be uploaded. This creates extra hassle for Mac- and Apple-user students who need to upload assignments, even pressuring them to use a different word processing application.

Adding the acceptance of .pages extensions in addition to .doc, .docx, and .pdf would make the site more friendly to the Mac- and Apple-user portion of the student body.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include a Personal Notes Feature on Learning Suite Quizzes/Exams

There should be a notes section added next to questions on quizzes and exams that we can use to leave notes for ourselves that can be used when we study old quizzes and exams later in the semester. It should be invisible to the grader.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow for editing graded assignments on What If Calculator

When an assignment receives a grade in learning suite, then you can't edit it in the What If Calculator. Sometimes teachers put in temporary grades and then you can't use the what if calculator accurately. Or maybe there was a problem with the grading and you want to see how much your overall grade would be improved if you got some points back.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Print button for assignments both graded/non-graded

Allow the users to print the list of assignments for the class, along with the associated student score, max score, and due date.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Maintain line breaks in comments

When adding notes to an assignment, newlines are not transformed into <br> tags.

Example

"1. a
    2. b
    3. c"

comes back as "1.a 2.b 3.c" when I view/submit

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow classes appearing in the 'Combined Schedule' to be rearranged

Allow for the rearranging of the classes in the 'Combined Schedule' grid view. Currently classes are listed alphabetically (I believe?), without regard to when the classes occur-- it would be great to be able to manually rearrange the class order and then save their new positions.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Link or view of Professor's personal class websites

I really hate it when Professor's choose to have their own website for their classes. The ideal solution would be to require all Professor's to use learning suite (It get's messy when three classes are on Learning Suite and the other two are on their own websites).

Since it is likely not possible to require this, it would be really nice to have Learning Suite accommodations.

Option #1 (Easier)
    Since the Learning Suite is often not published when a Professor has an external website, it would be very helpful to at least link to the external website when you click…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Copy and paste iCalendar feed on mobile devices (Android specifically)

I cannot copy the iCalendar link when viewing Learning Suite on a mobile browser. This seems like a simple fix, but it's very irritating.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Message Confirmation

Create a "Seen By: " box so the message sender knows if the message has been read. This would be similar to the feature in Facebook when someone posts to a group page. And help professors/students know if they need to verbally follow up on messages that may or may not have been checked.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base