Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to submit assignments in Learning Suite through the BYU app

Just a quick little fix. If you could submit assignments through to Learning Suite the BYU mobile app that would be awesome!

Sometimes for my classes I need to submit a picture of something and it would be so nice to be able to upload straight from my phone instead of having to email it to myself and then submitting it from my computer

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Learning suite integration with new Microsoft Exchange account

Create a calendar with all of your class times and locations in your Microsoft Exchange email with class location and zoom link if applicable or perhaps to begin just syncing the Microsoft exchange calendar with the learning suite assignments

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make an option for Combined Schedule to not show the assignments for a course you are teaching/TAing for

It gets difficult to differentiate between an assignment you have to do and an assignment your students have to do without clicking on the assignment itself. I look at my schedule and have a momentary heart attack at the several assignments I "missed," before realizing they belong to a class I am teaching.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mobile Phone: Grid Schedule

BYU's learning suite combined calendar is a helpful tool. On mobile devices when the grid - calendar is selected, but when I try to scroll down to see the rest of the grid, it switches back to "list mode". Please fix this!

A previous request was made for this fix, but it was declined. If you aren't going to fix it, then removed the "grid combined calendar" option for mobile phones. Currently it is unusable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Put word count on digital dialogue

In the comment text box on the digital dialogue page, it should have an option to see your current word count. That should also update as you type.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give students the ability to change the order that their classes appear

I am taking one or two major classes, a few GEs, and a few smaller classes. I often get confused when looking at the class codes and it usually takes me about 5-10 seconds to find the class tab I am looking for. I would love to be able to put my most important classes on the left of the bar on top of the home screen and the less important classes on the right.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically create a to-do list based off of assignments

Have a to do list that the student can edit. They should be able to edit completion time, add assignments/readings, take away assignments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to remove myself from a community

i am still enrolled in a community and it really doesn't even exist anymore. I want to be able to remove myself

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The bottom bar, on firefox, is stuck in the middle of the page.

It's smack dab in the middle of the page, every time. On the assignments tab, on the schedule tab. Everywhere. It covers up important info that I can't get to until I switch to chrome

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Letter Grade Under Assignments

Post letter grade along with percentage under Assignments under Grades like it is under What If Calculator.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. learningsuite url

Change Learning Suite URL from learningsuite.byu.edu to ls.byu.edu (thats LS), or at least link ls.byu.edu to learningsuite.byu.edu. This would make going to learning suite much faster.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't automatically switch combined schedule to list view

When I make my window smaller (like if I have two windows each taking up half my screen), the combined schedule is automatically switched to list mode. I hate this. grid mode works just fine in a smaller window.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Like button for comments made within the message threads

I like the new message system but I get an inflated number of notifications of students just saying "thanks" to professors or TAs. Only about 1/3 - 1/4 of the message notifications I got last week affected me or had substantial content. Like buttons for comments would significantly cut back on unnecessary and repeat messages.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't deleting work unless it is submitted even if it's late

Don't close an assignment's dialog thus deleting a student's work even if the due date has passed. Only wipe out work when it's been submitted. If the assignment late work should not be deleted. If a document is required but a student has written in text it should not be deleted when notifying that a document is actually required.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dark Mode

Please make a dark mode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Once a semester is over, courses should move into the "past" section of the home screen. The next semesters should then appear in "present"

This will make the viewing of the master schedule ahead of time easier. This will make the lives of the students easier for those who want to try and plan our their first week/semester.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Variable playback speed for videos

Professors often times (especially now with Covid-19 causing online-only learning) post videos to the content tab of learning suite. It would be nice to have a variable playback speed feature when watching these videos in learningsuite. Being able to speed up the video if the professor is speaking really slow, or slow down the video if the professor is speaking too fast, would be helpful. I currently have to download the video to speed up the video playback. I don't want to have to download large videos all the time to watch at a different speed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop using user's email in FROM field

I would consider this an urgent LearningSuite request. Please read!

When LearningSuite sends emails, it extracts the sender's email address from BYU personal information and tacks that address on to the outgoing email in the FROM and REPLY-TO fields.

A couple of years ago, this wouldn't have been a problem. However, DMARC has become more prevalent; causing LearningSuite emails to be rejected or marked as spam by the recipient's email service.

(If you don't know what DMARC is, it is essentially a filter that will catch any emails which do not come from servers within the recipient's domain. LearningSuite servers…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. View score of multiple choice separate from Written

When you finish an exam (with both multiple choice and written responces) it currently shows the score of multiple choice questions with the TOTAL number of points possible. This makes the score appear much lower because the written responses are not yet graded.
    Allow the final score to appear such as : Multiple choice 37/40. Written responses ?/60 .
    rather than currently: 37/100

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base