Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stay signed in between mobile sessions

Every time I close and reopen my mobile browser, the cookies from my previous session have been cleared and I have to sign into Learning Suite all over again. The "stay signed in" checkbox is not displaying for me, and the CAS login screen redirects to Learning Suite home after a successful login before my browser's "save password?" dialog can run, so there is no way to even save my password, let alone stay signed in. I'm using the current version of the Chrome mobile browser for Samsung phones, if you want to recreate the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change modal dialogs into inline interaction

Often in Learning Suite you are presented with some modal dialog to interact. When you check mail, when you check feedback, when you click on an assignment to view the requirements. All modals do in these cases is add an extra click navigation - to click "cancel" or an "x" to get stuff out of the way, rather than just scrolling.

Instead, allow the user to go wherever they want at any time, without obscuring half the page with a mini-window. When an assignment is clicked on, the required text/fields can just slide down from where they clicked. This saves…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. sync final Exams on Learning Suite with my.byu.edu register for classes finals schedule and testing center website

If finals are changed on learning suite they should be changed on my.byu.edu and an announcement should be sent out,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More Interview Quotes

I actually really like the quotes from teachers, and would love to see more. The Faculty Center has a really good list of quotes that show how much teachers are thinking about their students well being and growth.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Variable playback speed for videos

Professors often times (especially now with Covid-19 causing online-only learning) post videos to the content tab of learning suite. It would be nice to have a variable playback speed feature when watching these videos in learningsuite. Being able to speed up the video if the professor is speaking really slow, or slow down the video if the professor is speaking too fast, would be helpful. I currently have to download the video to speed up the video playback. I don't want to have to download large videos all the time to watch at a different speed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow message forwarding

Allow a message sent to one person on LS to be forwarded to someone else. I had to message an assignment and didn't know we had a TA, so I sent it to the teacher. Now I need to send it to the TA, and it is very difficult without forwarding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. large data loading gif

When you click on a side menu option (for example under content and course materials) a loading spinner would be nice for large data. If the data is large it takes a while to load but you have no idea if it is loading or not until the data comes back. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pdfs open in browser instead of downloading.

The way the pdf attachments are designed in learning suite, they default to downloading instead of opening within browser pdf viewers. This happens independent of browser, browser settings, and OS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Move the error notification from directly on top of the course names

A lot of times I'll click on a tab and an error message will pop up, so I'll click out of the message, then try the tab again and it opens. The error notification is right on top of the course names, and it's annoying to have to click the x, then try again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make a dark themed version

I feel like it would just look a lot better, maybe an option to turn it on/off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove the left navigation bar when viewing the aggregated schedule

This will buy all users real estate when coming to the landing page of Learning Suite when it eventually becomes the main page (which is my understanding is the eventual goal once performance issues are ironed out--it'll be great. Very few know about the aggregated schedule still. :). This might mean some customization away from existing templates, but I think it's well worth the value added to students in making the calendar more usable.

The biggest issue I see is finding a home for 'Course List', 'Announcements' and 'Assignments'. As the Schedule already exists in its own 'class'* with these…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Email "all" in a community

I would like to be able to email the whole community (class) but I have to check each individual manually. Could you add a "select all" button that would auto check all the boxes?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please make Digital Dialogue available to connect to my email.

Please make Digital Dialogue available to connect to my email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have default markers to label Quizzes/Exams: 'Open Book', 'Open Note', 'Open Internet', 'Open Neighbor', 'Open Anything'

Frequently I run into issues with knowing (a) which of my quizzes/exams are open-book and (b) what exactly that means! On rare occasions, faculty will include this in the directions for a given exam (instructions that appear before you have opened the exam) but frequently it either is unstated altogether or has to be dug up in the syllabus. It could be worth considering adding default Boolean values for a few common exam 'markers' that could also have an associated description for times when there might be further confusion (the title of this item suggests a few). Easy-to-scan icons could…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. stats

Currently, there is a way to view stats for individual assignments, quizzes, exams, etc. There should be a way to view stats for all sections of the class. For instance, how am I doing on the in-class quizzes compared to the class? What about for the written homework? Right now I can only find stats for individual assignments or my overall grade in the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. E-mail Recipient Warning

I've sent e-mails to the class before without realizing I had no recipients selected. Can I get a warning if I have no subject or recipient? Where do recipient-less emails even go?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the message notification bubble clickable

It's a small programming error, but the html element for the message bubble is not clickable. Because of the size of the envelope in comparison to the bubble, I tend to click on the bubble most of the time. This does not send me to the messages page because the message bubble has no javascript click binding attached to it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Inserting files

If you insert a file, it comes up as a textbox rather than normal text. This is so annoying they are so hard to arrange.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base