Student Side

Please share your enhancement ideas. Technical problems should be reported to the OIT Service Desk at 422-4000 or it@byu.edu.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have default markers to label Quizzes/Exams: 'Open Book', 'Open Note', 'Open Internet', 'Open Neighbor', 'Open Anything'

Frequently I run into issues with knowing (a) which of my quizzes/exams are open-book and (b) what exactly that means! On rare occasions, faculty will include this in the directions for a given exam (instructions that appear *before* you have opened the exam) but frequently it either is unstated altogether or has to be dug up in the syllabus. It could be worth considering adding default Boolean values for a few common exam 'markers' that could also have an associated description for times when there might be further confusion (the title of this item suggests a few). Easy-to-scan icons could…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stats

Currently, there is a way to view stats for individual assignments, quizzes, exams, etc. There should be a way to view stats for all sections of the class. For instance, how am I doing on the in-class quizzes compared to the class? What about for the written homework? Right now I can only find stats for individual assignments or my overall grade in the class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. E-mail Recipient Warning

I've sent e-mails to the class before without realizing I had no recipients selected. Can I get a warning if I have no subject or recipient? Where do recipient-less emails even go?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the message notification bubble clickable

It's a small programming error, but the html element for the message bubble is not clickable. Because of the size of the envelope in comparison to the bubble, I tend to click on the bubble most of the time. This does not send me to the messages page because the message bubble has no javascript click binding attached to it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inserting files

If you insert a file, it comes up as a textbox rather than normal text. This is so annoying they are so hard to arrange.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Connect the schedule to the materials used that day

It would be great if the uploaded materials used in class could be synchronized with the schedule. What I mean by this is that it would be great, for example, if I could just click a part of the class schedule for that day and that click will take me to the materials used on that day so that I don't have to look for the materials uploaded in another folder somewhere in the Learning Suite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ease of use for assignment details

When clicking on an assignment, the window for assignment details would be easier to work with if clicking anywhere outside the box would close the window -- currently, it's bothersome to click (or tap -- this would especially make things easier for phone use) "close" or the x in the top right corner

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change arrows on aggregated Schedule to both be to the left of the date range.

The position of the current arrows on the aggregated schedule are affected by the dates of the week because they appear to the left *and* right of the date range. When transitioning between months, the date range item changes from something like "January 20-24" to "March 31-April 4". This increases the size of the date range which pushes the right arrow to the right. When trying to move through weeks quickly the behavior becomes frustrating as you have to move the position of the cursor to play hide-and-seek with the moving arrow. ;) A number of other calendars handle this…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change (aggregate) Schedule Dropdown Settings to Show Course Tabs, not Settings.

Concerning the arrow dropdown menu on the row headers of the aggregate schedule that currently lead to selecting content columns (for instance: "lectures" and "homework") for a given course:

(1) These settings, I believe, are probably very rarely accessed (I'd guess at most a few times a semester if at all for most users though I don't if anything is in place currently to track this). They could potentially be moved somewhere a little more remote. I believe this dropdown could be repopulated with much more useful (and frequently accessed) content and features, even if these remain as a last…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Student Side

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base